Samsung has started proceeding with the Android 12 update to its entry-level smartphones and One UI 4.1. Recently it was A21s that has seen the latest OTA.
- Advertisement -
The Android 12 update for the Galaxy A21s has firmware no. A217FXXU8DVF6, which is received in Russia.
According to the update, the following are the major changes.
- Samsung has also improved native apps, including Calendar, My Files, Samsung Gallery, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Keyboard.
- The Calendar app now supports emojis in entries and provides a way to recover deleted items.
- The Gallery app now features improved stories and a better album arrangement.
- The built-in image editor retains edit history, i.e., you can return to edits. You can also remove sensitive information from images, such as date, time, and location, while sharing them with others.
- Samsung Keyboard offers grammar-based language suggestions. Samsung Internet offers better anti-tracking measures and a new search widget.
- The Device Care section has been improved. Samsung has also improved the system-wide search experience.
- Privacy and security have been enhanced with privacy indicators, and quick settings toggle to enable or disable the system-wide camera and microphone usage.
- Samsung has also improved accessibility features, Picture-in-Picture, Edge Panels, and the share menu.
- Users can now initiate calls directly from the messaging screen.
- The Camera app now has a cleaner design and starts recording videos as soon as your finger hits the shutter button.
Apart from these changes, the update also brings a regular monthly security patch. This device is the latest and will see more UI & OS updates in the future as per Samsung’s 4-year software support policy.
Samsung advises keeping your device up to date and regularly checking for software updates. Users can check for the latest software update by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install or turning auto-updates or notifications on in the settings of your device.
- Advertisement -
Sources & references: