Samsung has started proceeding with the Android 12 update to its entry-level smartphones and One UI 4.1. Recently it was A21s that has seen the latest OTA.
The Android 12 update for the Galaxy A21s has firmware no. A217FXXU8DVF6, which is received in Russia.
According to the update, the following are the major changes.
- Samsung has also improved native apps, including Calendar, My Files, Samsung Gallery, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Keyboard.
- The Calendar app now supports emojis in entries and provides a way to recover deleted items.
- The Gallery app now features improved stories and a better album arrangement.
- The built-in image editor retains edit history, i.e., you can return to edits. You can also remove sensitive information from images, such as date, time, and location, while sharing them with others.
- Samsung Keyboard offers grammar-based language suggestions. Samsung Internet offers better anti-tracking measures and a new search widget.
- The Device Care section has been improved. Samsung has also improved the system-wide search experience.
- Privacy and security have been enhanced with privacy indicators, and quick settings toggle to enable or disable the system-wide camera and microphone usage.
- Samsung has also improved accessibility features, Picture-in-Picture, Edge Panels, and the share menu.
- Users can now initiate calls directly from the messaging screen.
- The Camera app now has a cleaner design and starts recording videos as soon as your finger hits the shutter button.
Apart from these changes, the update also brings a regular monthly security patch. This device is the latest and will see more UI & OS updates in the future as per Samsung’s 4-year software support policy.
Samsung advises keeping your device up to date and regularly checking for software updates. Users can check for the latest software update by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install or turning auto-updates or notifications on in the settings of your device.
Sources & references:
Since Android was announced in 2007, I have kept track of it. With each news that came out more, I liked this operating system. I have been learning a lot with it, since I have seen it born and grow, and I hope to continue learning and share my knowledge and experiences about Android, services and applications.