Samsung has now released a new security update for the device in the form of a December 2022 security patch.
Notably, the update is currently available in India, and the update should be available in the remaining markets in the next few days.
The update comes with new firmware version number M426BXXU3CVL1
December 2022Android Security Patch
According to the Samsung documentation, the latest patches include the fix to as many as 93 vulnerabilities, 67 of them common to (almost) all Android devices.
Android 13 One UI 5
The Galaxy M42 5G device launched in 2021 and came with Android 11 on board. Now recently, the device has received Android 13 in several Asian countries.
As the device was released under the period of three Android update policy and comes with Android 11 out of the box, it is eligible for one more Android update, which means users who are using Galaxy M42 can install Android 14 in the future
1. On your Galaxy devices, head into your settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom and click on Software update.
3. Tap Download and install.
4. Wait for your device to check for updates.
5. If a security update is available, you can hit Install now.