In recent news, rumors suggest that Samsung might not launch the promised FE (special Fan Edition)of the Galaxy S22; instead, it will launch Galaxy S21 FE 4G/LTE variant, which already has a FE 5G edition.
The reasons, according to the industry, are that Samsung wants to reconsider its decision to launch the Galaxy S21 FE 5G just a month before the launching of the flagship Galaxy S22 device.
After the launch of the Galaxy S20 FE, Samsung promised to launch a FE edition for the Galaxy S lineup every year.
Galaxy S20 FE was the first-ever fan edition launched in 2020 and received good feedback. Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G was launched in 2022 early; it was the 2nd FE phone after the Galaxy S20 FE, which was launched nearly six months after the Galaxy S20 series.
Experts think this gap might be the issue that Galaxy S21 FE did not do well in the market. To further create a solid platform for the FE series, Samsung will probably launch an FE 4G/LTE variant for Galaxy S21.
Also, Galaxy S21 never had any 4G variants, so to make it up and attract more customers to the mid-high range, an LTE variant is a strong possibility.
The FE editions are targeted toward the people who want a flagship device’s core features but do not want to pay a flagship price, i.e., younger generations who do not need edge-breaking features in the camera, storage, memory, or computing power. Still, it covers criteria such as colors, battery, etc., to give the user confidence in holding a flagship device.
Another reason could be for those people waiting for prices to go down of predecessors after the launch of the latest series.
The likeness of the Galaxy S21 FE 4G variant coming is based on the following leaks and rumors:
- SM-G990B2 would be model no. for Galaxy S21 FE 4G/LTE.
- It was spotted as being recently certified by the Bluetooth SIG will run Bluetooth 5.2.
- It will be running on Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 720G, making it less costly.
- It has already been listed on online websites in regions of Europe like Belgium and Netherlands, and Scandanavia.
Although, It’s unclear if there will be any other hardware differences between the two.
Expected Device Specifications are for SM-G990B2
- The smartphone will feature a 6.4-inch screen with a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
- Android 12 OS out of the box.
- A bigger 4,500 mAh battery.
- 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 4G might come with a triple rear camera setup that includes 12MP+ 12MP+ 8MP. For selfies, it is likely to sport a 32MP front camera.
Although It’s unclear if there will be any specific hardware differences between the two 4G & standard variants of the Galaxy S21 lineup, people should expect a price difference of around 100$ or 5000 INR.
Also, we could see an FE edition of the Galaxy S22 lineup in the future but consider that after the launch of the next Galaxy S series or the Galaxy S21 LTE version.
Overall this might prove a good decision and a fresh breeze amongst the all 5G hype from Samsung. For more info, please visit the below links.
Sources & References: