Samsung has started proceeding with the Android 12 update to its entry-level smartphones and One UI 4.1. Recently it was A02s that received the latest OTA.
The Android 12 update for the Galaxy A02s has firmware no. A025FXXU4CVF4, which is received in Russia. Expect other countries to follow soon.
This is a major update, and the following are the major changes.
- New software with improved UI design with Color Palette feature, redesigned widgets, new widget selector, and more widget options on the lock screen.
- It also brings a better dark mode and thicker brightness and volume sliders.
- The phone also has a better search experience system-wide.
- Samsung has also improved stock apps available on its phones, including Samsung Gallery, Samsung Internet, and Samsung Keyboard.
- Samsung Gallery better organizes albums and improves stories.
- The built-in image editor offers edit history, stickers, GIFs, and the ability to retouch faded (or old) images.
- Users can even remove sensitive information (date, time, and location) from images while sharing them with others.
- The Device Care section has been improved and now lists all the diagnostic tools for the phone.
- Samsung Internet offers a better user interface, a home screen widget for searching the web, and the ability to launch the browser in stealth mode. Samsung Keyboard gets language improvement suggestions based on grammar, animated emoji combinations, stickers, and GIFs.
- The sharing menu has been simplified. You can even modify it to your liking.
- The Galaxy A02s also has dedicated quick settings toggles that you can use to turn the camera and microphone on or off for all apps at once. Samsung has also improved the Picture-in-Picture mode and accessibility features.
Privacy & security:
The new update also brings enhanced security with security flags to use an active camera and microphone.
Apart from these changes, the update also brings a regular monthly security patch. This device is one of the latest entries and will see more UI & OS updates in the future as per Samsung’s 4-year software support policy.
Samsung advises keeping your device up to date and regularly checking for software updates. Users can check for the latest software update by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install or turning auto-updates or notifications on in the settings of your device.
Sources & references: