It gets really annoying when your device starts to work slower than its usual speed. A slow device not only affects the user’suser’s pace but also exasperates them. It is obvious that the slowness is being caused by some reasons and there sure will have some solution to overcome it. If your Galaxy phone is also working slowly, this article will surely be of your help. To know the causes and solutions of slowness, read it till the end.
The causes of your Galaxy Phone’sPhone’s slowness
Outdated OS/UI Version: If your device isn’t running on the latest Android and One UI versions, it may be the reason for the slowness in your Galaxy device. However, a device indeed gets a fixed number of OS/UI updates; hence, if your has still an update pending, it is better to install it for some improvements and outstanding performance.
Samsung and Google Join Hands to Enhance Android-based XR Platform
Execution of virus or other malicious programs: The execution of any virus or malicious device is also a reason for a mobile phone’s slowness. These may have infiltrated your Galaxy phone while downloading APK files from third-party websites, as the action possesses security risks. Specifically, malware infection is the most harmful as it is one of the most common reasons behind the drop in your phone’sphone’s system performance.
A bug with cache: The system cache contains temporary information regarding the system and apps available on your Galaxy device. If this section overfills or gets files with errors, it leaves a negative impact on your phone’sphone’s performance and makes it slow.
Lack of enough internal storage: If your device’sdevice’s internal storage is filled with too much data and files and starts to run low, your device will not only act slow but also show hanging and lagging issues.
Too many background apps: Having too many applications running on the device’sdevice’s background is also one of the causes of mobile slowness.
Plenty of widgets or elements on the Home Screen: A Home Screen full of icons and dynamic elements, including animated wallpapers or widgets, also decline your device’sdevice’s performance.
Too old hardware: Everything comes with a limited age, so there is no wonder for your device to work slowly if it is too old, specifically if its processor is outdated or the amount of RAM available in it is too low.
10 Worthy-to-Try Solutions to overcome mobile slowness
As we have known all the possible causes of slowness or performance drop in Galaxy phones, it will be easier to find solutions for it. In this article, we are sharing a total of 10 temporary worthy-to-try solutions which may help you to wipe out the slowness or rough performance issue from your Galaxy phones.
1. Restart your Galaxy Phone regularly: It is good to restart your device regularly as it improves your device or app’sapp’s performance. Reset is actually a simple remedy that instantly improves performance at a certain level.
2. Free up internal memory space: As overloaded internal storage is one of the reasons behind mobile slowness, it will be really effective to free up your Galaxy device’sdevice’s internal storage and try not to put too much unnecessary data in it.
But yes, don’t forget to back up crucial files before deleting them. To free up space, you can delete files manually or even get help from a Cleaning tool to maintain your Galaxy device’sdevice’s internal storage.
3. Remove all unnecessary apps: Deleting unneedy applications will surely help to reduce background operations and also free up space in your device. To delete any app, just long press on its icon and tap on the cross mark/press on the “Uninstall” button.
4. Keep all the apps up to date: It is best to keep all apps available on your device up to date. It is good for the device’sdevice’s performance as well as effective in terms of security. Hence, keep checking for the latest app updates and install them immediately.
5. Download all available system updates: Installing the latest system update is the most effective and best way of improving the device’sdevice’s performance, as manufacturers launch bug fixes and some modifications with them.
If you don’tdon’t know how to install or download the latest system update, you can check the process below.
- First, unlock your Galaxy Phone.
- Now, go to the Android Settings of your phone.
- Then, tap on the System or About Phone options.
- Afterward, look for the “Updates” section and open it.
- Now your device will check for a new system version.
- Install the pending updates if your device has any.
6. Start the mobile with safe mode activated: If you are unaware, Slow Down mode basically opens your device without any third-party application. We know it is indeed not a regular to-do, but at least turn this mode on during slowdown issues.
Notably, if you turn the Safe Mode on your device and the slowdown issue wipes out, it becomes crystal clear that the issue is being caused by one of the third-party apps available on your Galaxy Phone.
7. Minimize the use of widgets and animated backgrounds: It will be indeed helpful if you remove all the unneedy widgets from your device’sdevice’s Home Screen. Additionally, also turn off any animated backgrounds; it will surely give the processor and RAM a break.
8. Always use a browser with a content blocker: Internet browsing is a common operation that everybody does on their devices. But, many sites show invasive ads that contain elements that penalize the user experience and consume a lot of resources.
Consequently, it will be safer to use a browser that blocks all kinds of ads and trackers. We are suggesting you use Samsung Internet, which is a safer browser.
9. Reset your device: If any minor solutions aren’taren’t solving the slowdown issue in your Galaxy Phones, you should reset your device to give a space to breathe. However, it removes all the data from your device, so please don’t forget to back up everything.
To reset your Galaxy Phone, follow these below-listed steps.
- First, unlock your Galaxy Phone.
- Now, go to Settings.
- Then, tap on the system.
- Afterward, click on the Recovery Option.
- Now, choose the Clear all data option.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions.
10. Contact the manufacturer immediately if something is wrong: If none of the solutions works and you notice something is not up with your Galaxy device, you should immediately contact the device manufacturer Samsung.
Notably, if your device is under warranty, contacting Samsung will be the best way. Simply just contact customer service or SAT, explain the situation, and follow the instructions they provide.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.