Samsung, one of the leading smartphone manufacturers, recently rolled out the latest One UI 5.1 update for Galaxy S21 FE users in limited regions, including the US (Verizon). This update brought in several new features and improvements to enhance user experience. However, the company did not stop there, as it has now expanded the One UI 5.1 update to T-Mobile customers. With this expansion, Samsung wants to ensure that all Galaxy S21 FE users get access to the latest and greatest features, no matter their carrier.
Since the Samsung Galaxy S23 series was officially unveiled, which started One UI 5.1, the manufacturer has immediately set to work to bring its new interface to as many devices as possible. The update that brings One UI 5.1 on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE has currently only been released for models T-Mobile in the US, but it should not be many days before the update is extended to the other carriers.
In addition to the expansion of the One UI 5.1 update to T-Mobile customers, it’s worth noting that this update brings the firmware version to G990USQU4EWAI. Furthermore, the update also includes the latest Android security patches for February 2023, which ensures that Galaxy S21 FE users stay protected from potential security threats. These security patches also address various vulnerabilities that were present in the previous versions of Android, making the Galaxy S21 FE even more secure than before.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.