Samsung has continuously updated its smartphones and tablets with its latest One UI 5.1 skin, bringing significant improvements and new features to enhance the user experience. The update has been rolled out for the company’s high-end flagships, and it’s also been made available for its budget flagship devices like the Fan Edition. After being released in several regions, the latest update has now made its way to the United States for the Galaxy S21 FE.
One UI 5.1 for Galaxy S21 FE in the US
Samsung recently rolled out its latest One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy S21 FE in the US, and it’s available for carrier-locked Verizon models. The update includes the February 2023 security patch, which is designed to protect the device from potential security threats and vulnerabilities.
The One UI 5.1 update for the carrier-locked Verizon Galaxy S21 FE can be identified by the build numbers G990USQU4EWAI and G990U2SQU2EWAI. While Verizon users have already started receiving the update, it’s expected to roll out for other carriers and the unlocked variant in the coming days.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Meet RowKnee Shaw, our tech maestro at Sam Lover! Dive into the intricacies of One UI and ride the wave of Samsung Firmware updates with his expert guidance. From sleek navigation tips to the latest firmware gems, RowKnee Shaw is your go-to for unlocking the full potential of your Samsung device. Stay tuned for a tech journey like no other!