After introducing the One UI Watch 5 for the LTE variant of Galaxy watches to the Korean market, Samsung is now expanding it to more countries. It is worth noting that previously it was only available for Bluetooth models. With the latest update, Galaxy watches will get several new enhancements to their existing functionalities.
One UI Watch 5 enhances the user experience
One UI Watch 5 is the latest skin upgrade for the Galaxy watches. It brings several new enhancements and improvements in many internal functions, including watch faces and tiles, Samsung Health, Backup, and Restore. Additionally, it also brings some fresh features, like dict text with the home button, now that you can use multiple timers at once, and device care improvements.
It is worth noticing that Samsung initially introduced the One UI 5 watch to the Galaxy Watch LTE variants, which are available in South Korea, but as we discussed in the earlier article about the possible reason, the company is now expanding the update to more countries. The company has rolled out the update to some more countries, including the US, India, and several European countries.
If you have any model of the Galaxy Watch 4 or Galaxy Watch 5, you will get the new update through the new OTA. If you belong to any European country, you can identify the update R8**FXXU1BWH3 for the Galaxy Watch 4 and R9**FXXU1BWH3 for the Galaxy Watch 5. Meanwhile, these watches also received an update in the US on several carriers, including AT&T and Verizon.
One UI 5 Watch and Wear OS 4 Changelog
Watch faces and tiles
- Add watch faces and tiles easily
- A new vertical layout makes it easier to find the watch faces and tiles that are right for you.
- Improve Buds controller tile
- You can now turn 360 audio on and off from the Buds controller tile if your Buds support 360 audio.
- Quick access to timers
- You can start timers from the new Timer tile without opening the Timer app.
- Set an album or story as your watch face
- Instead of just one picture, you can now make your watch face cycle between pictures in an album or story that you select. Your watch face will change to a different picture each time you turn on the watch screen.
- Automatically record cycling workouts
- Samsung Health can now detect when you start cycling and record your workout automatically. You can also set whether to automatically map your cycling routes.
- Get heart rate guidance while running
- Your watch can provide personalized heart rate zones while you run to help you manage your exercise intensity.
Backup and Restore
- Keep your watch data safe
- Files and data from your watch are periodically backed up to your phone when it’s connected to your watch. You can also save backups to Samsung Cloud. Your phone needs the latest version of the Smart Switch app to use this feature.
Control Your Phone
- More call controls
- You now have more control over calls without touching your phone. You can adjust the call volume, mute sound, and press buttons on the keypad, all from your watch.
- Dictate text with Home button
- Just press and hold the Home button any time you’re entering text with Samsung Keyboard to instantly switch to voice input.
- Using multiple timers at once
- You can now have up to 20 timers running at the same time to help keep track of all your tasks.
- Share medical information in an emergency
- A button to access your medical info will appear automatically when a hard fall is detected or when you press the Home button 5 times to start the Emergency SOS feature.
- Device Care
- Check the status of your watch’s battery, storage, and memory and immediately fix any problems to extend battery life and keep your watch running smoothly.
- Control your watch without touch
- Universal gestures let you control your watch without touching the screen or pressing a button. You can assign various actions to gestures such as shaking your wrist, making a fist, or pinching your fingers.
- Organize app in folder
- Create folders to keep your apps organized so you can find the apps you need quickly with less scrolling.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.