Every month, Google releases a new report about the actively used operating system worldwide, which shows how much of a particular Android version is available on active devices. This time, with the October 2023 report, it is seen that Android 13 has topped in diffusion with 22.4%, followed by Android 11 with 21.6%.
The diffusion of Android is not only focused on Google but is all based on how frequently other brands have made their devices on particular Android versions. The main aim of this report is to give developers an idea of how to make their apps compatible with the operating system so they can provide proper optimization to their applications to enhance the user experience.
Google reveals data about the active Android version’s market share worldwide
In the October 2023 report, Google shared data about the market share of different Android versions, from Android 4.4 to Android 13. Here, we are sharing data about the current situation of Android diffusion compared to May 2023.
- Android 13 went from 15% to 22.4%
- Android 12 went from 16.3% to 15.8%
- Android 11 went from 23.1% to 21.6%
- Android 10 went from 17.8% to 16.1%
- Android 9 went from 11.9% to 10.5%
- Android 8.1 went from 6.1% to 5.4%
- Android 8 went from 2.2% to 1.9%
- Android 7.1 went from 1.5% to 1.3%
- Android 7 went from 1.5% to 1.3%
- Android 6 went from 2.3% to 1.9%
- Android 5.1 went from 1.5% to 1.2%
- Android 5 went from 0.3% to 0.2%
- Android 4.4 went from 0.5% to 0.4%
It is worth appreciating that Google is actively working hard on improving the situation, and the newer version of the operating system is expanding more and gaining more popularity. It has filled a big gap, but still, there is more scope. We hope that the company will try some new solutions for handling the situation that will make the Android ecosystem more seamless.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.