Google separately brings more new changes for its Pixel devices through quarterly platform releases. With these updates, the company always tries to give some extra bug fixes and a new feature to the Pixel users, which makes them always excited and engaged in its ecosystem. And to make this a continuation, Big G is moving forward and releasing QPR2 beta 1 software.
Google quickly introduced the Android 14 QPR2 beta 1 update
Based on the previous quarterly platform releases, the company always goes for the utmost 3 beta updates, then after releasing the stable update, it goes forward, but this time, the company has introduced the next quarterly platform update, Android 14 QPR2 beta 1, directly. Earlier, it released the Android 14 QPR1 beta 2.2 update. However, the company will also provide a stable update for the first QPR in the next month.
Coming to the latest Android 14 QPR2 beta 1 update, as per the information, the latest update is coming with a lot of bug fixes that will improve the functioning of the devices; more specifically, the latest firmware will fix issues related to package manager, resolve installation problems, and make 5G connectivity more improved. Along with this, the company has also shared the known issues that are still not resolved.
For your information, the latest update is available for select pixel devices, including the Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, Pixel 7 Pro, Pixel 7a, Pixel Tablet, and Pixel Fold, as well as the Android Emulator. It also includes the latest security patch, which comes in the form of a November 2023 patch.
The latest software update carries different firmware version numbers. Pixel 5a comes with firmware version number AP11.231020.013, while Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro devices come with firmware version number AP11.231020.014. Additionally, for other Pixel devices, it comes with a different firmware version, AP11.231020.013.A1. If you want more information, check the official changelog below.
Android 14 QPR2 beta 1 official changelog
Top resolved issues
Android 14 QPR2 Beta 1 resolves the top issues that are described in the following list and includes fixes for some issues that are not noted here.
- I fixed an issue that caused the package manager to crash when installing some apps. (Issue #303849830)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented users from submitting feedback using the Android Beta Feedback app. (Issue #307592531)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a device from connecting to a 5G network when it was available. (Issue #306294357)
Top open issues
See top open issues for the latest list of top open issues that have been reported by developers.
Other known issues
Based on our testing, you might encounter the following issues when using Android 14 QPR2 Beta 1. These issues are already known, so there’s no need to file additional reports for similar issues.
- An issue with some apps that use the meta-data element unconventionally prevents these apps from being installed by the system.
- Sometimes, when a user unlocks the device using their fingerprint, there is no haptic feedback.
- For Pixel Fold devices, sometimes after a user unlocks the device while it’s folded, the inner display doesn’t turn on after unfolding the device.
- The Assistant The Glance widget sometimes displays weather information for the wrong location.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.