Samsung rolled out the stable Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update for the Galaxy S23 series last month. Now, they’re extending the rollout to the older Galaxy S22 series. Currently, the update is being released on limited devices in Europe, with a broader rollout expected in the coming days.
For users of the Galaxy S22 series, including the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra, the stable One UI 6.0 update (software version S90*BXXU6DWK) is now reaching some users in Europe. This update also includes the Android security patch level for November 2023.
One UI 6.0, built on Android 14, introduces several changes and exciting features. The Quick Dashboard and media player have undergone a complete redesign. Two new widgets, Custom Camera and Weather Insights, have been added. Native apps like the camera and Gallery have been improved, featuring a simplified design and introducing new features related to images.
- Renewed phone layout: new control panel, new widgets (new camera and album widgets, weather widgets), revamped font, new emojis, ability to create new stickers directly integrated into the keyboard.
- Camera: The overall layout of the Camera app has been simplified. The quick settings buttons on the preview screen have been redesigned to make it easier to understand. Now, in the quick settings menu, at the top of the screen, in Photos and Pro mode, there is a button that allows you to quickly change the resolution of the photos you take.
- New photo editor: improved layout, new Tools menu that makes it easy to find editing functions. The Straighten and Perspective options have been combined in the Transform menu.
- New Samsung Studio: New Video Editor for media creation. The Studio feature now allows you to create videos by joining those in the gallery, adding text, music, and stickers.
- Improved security: New privacy dashboard for controlling permission allowed for each app, new Auto-Lock feature that allows you to block installation of unknown apps, turn on security controls, and block commands via USB, the new security dashboard allows you to monitor each individual app.
- Bixby text call: New Bixby feature to transfer an ongoing call to Bixby text call at any time.
- The new Document and Text Scan feature makes it easier to scan a document by deleting unwanted parts.
- Samsung Pass: More secure logins with passkeys to access supported apps and websites. Unlike passwords, the passkey is only stored on the device and cannot be disclosed in the event of a breach of the security of the website. Passkeys also protect against phishing attacks because they only work on the website or application where they were registered
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.