The launch of the Galaxy S24 series is the prime event that will happen in January 2024 for Samsung. The S24 ultra model, among the trio of the series, is the most talked about and expensive one, generating high anticipation due to several new features. Sunny Optical of China and Samsung Electro-Mechanics of Korea will compete for the rear camera module market.
Triple camera sensors for the Galaxy S24 series with the code name “Eureka.” The majority of the Galaxy S24 Ultra camera module is made by Sunny Optical and Samsung Electro-Mechanics; they stand to gain because ultra camera modules are rather expensive.
Galaxy S24 Ultra’s rear camera configuration:
- A 10-megapixel 10x telephoto
- A 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle
- A 50-megapixel 5x telephoto
- A 200-megapixel wide-angle
Makeup strategy for the S24 Ultra rear module:
- Samsung Electronics, Vietnam Parts Centre, and Samsung Electro-Mechanics provide the 200 million-pixel wide-angle camera.
- The 12 million-pixel ultra-wide-angle is under the control of Namuga and Sunny Optical.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics and Sunny Optical are the suppliers of the 10 million-pixel 10x telephoto camera and the 50 million-pixel 5x telephoto camera.
- Namuga and MCNEX will take up producing the front camera module with 12 million pixels.
Samsung’s unit shipments for the Galaxy S24 series:
- Galaxy S24: 13.5 million units (38%)
- Galaxy S24+: 5.8 million units (16%)
- Galaxy S24 Ultra: 15.9 million units (45%).
What’s the plan for the Galaxy S24 and S24+ models?
Technically, both the Galaxy S24 and Galaxy S24+ are the same. The reason why Samsung is focusing less on the Plus variant with fewer units of shipments is that the Plus variants don’t go well on the market. This is because both resemble each other with a slight price difference.
Makeup strategy for the S24 and S24+ rear modules:
- Power Logics and Cammsys supply the 12-million-pixel ultra-wide angle.
- Power Logics and Samsung Electro-Mechanics supply the 10 million-pixel telephoto.
- Samsung Electro-Mechanics and Partron supply the 50 million-pixel rear wide-angle
- Cammsys and Power Logics manufacture the front camera modules.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Passionate about technology at the service of digital entertainment that can be used through any platform. Music, movies and video games have always taken up a good part of his free time, but he doesn’t give up outdoor activities, from simple walks to cycling and skiing. He has been producing editorial content for SamLover since 2022 and has run a computer and telephony store for 3 decades.