Germany now has its first Onyx Cinema LED display, thanks to Samsung. Samsung Onyx adjusts to the circumstances of various settings. Erlangen is now the fifth German theater to be equipped with Onyx Cinema LED displays by Samsung, which began with the first cinema LED display in history in July 2017 at the Lotte Cinema World Tower in Seoul. More than 120 theaters worldwide now have these displays, following Esslingen, Sulzbach, Schwäbisch Gmünd, and Nuremberg. The Lamm-Lichtspiele arthouse theater in Erlangen, Germany, has just installed Onyx theatre LED.
Erlangen’s oldest theater still in operation is called the Lamm-Lichtspiele. With its first showing in 1919, it’s the oldest continuously running theater in Erlangen. With the release of Samsung Onyx, arthouse cinema is utilizing state-of-the-art technology and demonstrating that development and tradition do not have to conflict. With the finest image quality available right now, the Samsung Onyx is the first cinema display verified by the Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) in the world for movie screenings.
Lifelike colors and a high degree of detail presentation are attributes of the LED display. The conventional projector-based systems that have been in use in theaters for over a century are broken by it.
Samsung Onyx enhances the cinematic experience.
- Sharp visuals are displayed on the Onyx cinema LED displays. Onyx gives an exceptionally deep black appearance free of bothersome reflections.
- On the other hand, the daily display is 10 times brighter than the majority of traditional movie projectors, with a brightness of up to 500 Nit 2 or 146 fL, and it glows in pure white.
- 6.6 million light-emitting diodes produce the HDR image of the Cinema LED display, which is composed of 2.2 million self-lighting pixels.
- This translates to a 5.1 by 2.7-meter area at a 2K resolution of 2,048 x 1,080 pixels.
- The DCI color space, which is the benchmark for motion picture productions and Hollywood blockbusters, is the foundation of the color spectrum.
Steven Pollok, Director Display Division at Samsung, said,We are pleased that we were able to convince another German cinema of our Onyx technology with the Lamm-Lichtspiele. Our goal is to be able to meet the growing expectations and demands of viewers for picture quality in the cinema so that a visit there remains a real experience despite advancing TV technology and streaming services.”
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Passionate about technology at the service of digital entertainment that can be used through any platform. Music, movies and video games have always taken up a good part of his free time, but he doesn’t give up outdoor activities, from simple walks to cycling and skiing. He has been producing editorial content for SamLover since 2022 and has run a computer and telephony store for 3 decades.