Samsung has been continuously rolling out firmware security updates for the series, with recent security patches; now Galaxy Note 20 series got updated as a security patch for May 2022, which is starting to release in different regions, starting from Europe.
The recent release for Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G is a security patch identified with build no. N986BXXU4FEV7 of 1064,05 MB for the German region, and N981BXXU4FEV7 for Galaxy Note 20 5G. Here are user reports and screenshots.
What’s new in this update:
- Privacy and security issues revised and updated.
- The update fixes vulnerabilities related to the weather app, wizard, galaxy themes,e.t.c.
- Few native apps are updated like Galaxy wearable, PENUP, Samsung Notes, Samsung Health, voice recorder, calculator, smart switch, and Samsung members.
- The overall security of the device is increased, and bug fixes and stability improvements.
- This is a regular security patch update; the one thing that has improved is mainly the night portrait mode in Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
According to the changelog, the camera performance is improved in low-light photography. From news resources, it is reported that Galaxy S22’s enhanced night portrait mode will be utilized in Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
It is just a matter of time before this update will be released to other regions, as users worldwide are getting these updates from Samsung now.
Be sure to check for updates from your phone if the auto-update is off to get the latest update for your Galaxy Note 20 series.