This June, Samsung announced a partnership with Microsoft for cross-platform games streaming from Xbox to Samsung Smart TVs, including Neo QLED 8K, Neo QLED 4K, QLEDs2, and 2022 Smart Monitor Series.
The company informed ‘that the Samsung Gaming Hub will be available in select regions around the globe on 2022 Samsung Smart TV models beginning June 30th and beyond.’
The gaming service Samsung Gaming Hub will now have an Xbox app where users can stream games directly through the Xbox application.
Users will enjoy the following benefits :
- Samsung informed that this would include over 100 HQ games.
- AAA Titles like Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 will be available.
- Day one release from Xbox Game Studios.
- Games from major studios like Bethesda & Microsoft.
- Gamers will have instant access to the games they love from prime content partners.
- Xbox app would offer hundreds of users favourite games via Xbox Game Pass.
- Advanced motion enhancements and game-play performance technology will provide minimized latency & motion enhancements across Samsung’s 2022 Smart TV lineup and 2022 Smart Monitor Series.
- Customers can also watch live sports and stream movies on Samsung Neo QLEDs and QLEDs.
Samsung gaming Hub was first released at CES 2022, which is claimed to be the largest tech convention held annually at the Las Vegas Convention centre, Winchester, Nevada.
It partners with leading gaming streaming services like NVIDIA GeForce NOW, Google Stadia, and Utomik.
However, the availability of Gaming Hub may vary by region & it will only support models of 2022 Samsung Smart TV and above BU8000.
Samsung also informed that their SmartTV lineup would be the only platform that includes the Xbox app in the world currently.
It is a step up for Samsung to expand its customer base further by providing these services because, for some people, it’s a hassle to manage somewhat complicated setups and multiple logins across various platforms who want a TV that can do it all.
An all-rounder Smart TV, where users can watch, read, stream and play without the hassle of complicated setups and multiple logins across various platforms or the folks who have busy schedules and enjoy these services immediately at their convenience & time.
At last, we leave you with the statements from both the company’s official representatives-
“Xbox has been an integral partner for Samsung and shares in our vision and dedication to bring the ultimate game streaming experience to everywhere in the home,”
“We are excited to deepen our partnership with Xbox by adding the Xbox app to Samsung Gaming Hub, which now gives Samsung Smart TV users access to hundreds of Xbox Game Pass games. With the same ease that our customers watch live sports and stream movies on Samsung Neo QLEDs and QLEDs, they can now play their favourite games.”
-Won-Jin Lee, President and Head of the Service Business Team at Samsung Electronics.
“We’re on a quest to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet, and bringing the Xbox app to smart TVs is another step in making our vision a reality,”
-Phil Spencer, CEO of Microsoft Gaming.
Sources & References :