Although the Z Fold product family is the most comprehensive in the Samsung folding segment it is undeniable as the most attractive to the general public is Z Flip, not only for a matter of price, but also for ergonomics and portability. And that’s why we look with particular interest at the new Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 just unveiled.
Just like for the older brother also on this “small brother” in fact we have not witnessed revolutions or special innovations. Rather, let’s talk about minor incremental updates, if not for one commendable exception: the battery. Thanks to a small magina Samsung has in fact included a 12% larger battery in a smartphone with an even larger size.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 isn’t a traditional smartphone, of course, but its particular shell-opening look hides a real flagship heart. Inside we can find the SoCQualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa core (1 3.18 GHz core + 3 2.7 GHz cores + 4 2 GHz cores), flanked by 8 GB of RAM and 128, 256 or 512 GB of internal memory.
There are two screens on board, one main and foldable and one small, ideal for quickly reading notifications, displaying the caller’s name and for many other tasks, such as starting calls, answering messages and controlling the SmartThings Scene widget. Inside we have a 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2x Infinity Flex display with Full-HD+ resolution and an adaptive refresh rate from 1 to 120 Hz, which allows you to increase energy efficiency. Outside is a 1.9-inch Super AMOLED panel with 260 x 512 resolution.
The dual rear camera, or perhaps we’d better say external, consists of a 12MP Dual Pixel main sensor with optical stabilization (with a 65% brighter sensor than its predecessor) and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle sensor with 123° field of view. Inside the small hole in the screen houses a 10MP camera. To shoot videos or take group selfies without using your hands, just lightly fold your smartphone to activate FlexCam, optimized for the most popular social platforms (such as Instagram, Facebook and WhatsApp) thanks to the collaboration with Meta.
You can take quality selfies directly from the external display by taking advantage of the main camera and Quick Shooting feature, which is further enhanced, but also record videos in the same mode and then switch to Flex mode and continue recording hands-free without interruption. Quick Shot then allows you to self-timer and preview it in real proportions.
Another improvement over its predecessor is the 3700 mAh battery. Thanks to the 25W Ultra-Quick Charging you can reach 50% in about 30 minutes attached to the socket.
- Internal Screen: 6.7-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex Panel, 2640 x 1080 pixels, 425 ppi, 120 Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus+
- Outer screen: 1.9-inch panel, 512 x 260 pixels
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1, 64-bit
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 128, 256 or 512GB of internal memory
- Rear cameras:
- 12MP main sensor (f/1.8, 1.8 μm, OIS)
- 12MP ultrawide sensor (f/2.2, 123° 1.12 μm)
- Front camera: 10MP 1.22μm, f/2.4 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor, facial recognition, IPx8
- 5G connection, Bluetooth, WiFi AC, NFC, USB Type C
- Battery: 3700mAh, with 25W fast charging support and 15W wireless charging
- Operating System: Android 12 with OneUI Customization
- Closed: 84.9 x 71.9 x 17.1 mm
- Open: 165.2 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 187 grams
- Colors: grey, light blue, light purple and gold
For the rest, the other novelties are mainly software and concern the inclusion of new features for the external screen (such as Samsung Pay or quick responses to notifications) and as well as a way to use the phone in Flex mode (i.e. folded and resting on a plane) within Instagram for recording stories and Reels. The ability to customize the external screen has also been expanded, with support for Samsung themes and the ability to put any photo, video or GIF as a background.
Galaxy Z Flip 4 Price In US
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 will be available for pre-order from today until August 26, when it will actually be available for purchase for everyone. The smartphone will be available for $1149 in the 128GB cut.
This is the full list of memory cuts and pricing:
- 8GB + 128GB version at a suggested retail price of $999
- 8GB + 256GB version at a suggested retail price of $1065
- 8GB + 512GB version at a suggested retail price of $1199