As we all know about the Samsung’s developer team announced that they have kicked off the One UI 5.0 for smartphones in the Samsung Galaxy S22 series, the new version of the Korean giant’s custom interface based on Android 13.
Starting with the design, the display of notifications has been slightly optimized compared to the previous version. In fact, new icons stand out, as well as quick settings, which have benefited from a small makeover. The company has also added OCR (Optical Character Recognition), which is the tool that allows you to copy text from images.
One UI 5.0 makes it even simpler to use the outstanding stackable widgets feature by allowing you to construct scrollable quick-look widgets by simply long tapping on top of an existing widget on your homescreen. You must develop a specific “Smart Widget” that can be changed identically in One UI 4.1 and earlier.
Additionally, you can now put widgets in a stack to automatically rotate based on the orientation of your Galaxy screen. The “Edit stack” button can be long-pressed and then tapped to reveal additional settings, including a toggle that enables auto-rotation for widgets.
One UI 5: How to use stackable widget
- On the ‘Home Screen’ tab and hold;
- Now click on ‘Widget’;
- Choose your favourite widgets;
- Now long tapping on top of an existing widget on your homescreen;
- You need to create a dedicated “Smart Widget” that can be edited similarly;
- Now drag one over the other to turn into stackable widget;
- By swiping over, you can see all your widgets.