In 2018, Google introduced a little-publicized feature on its Pixels, called Lockdown or Lockdown mode (other than iOS 16 Lockdown mode), to prevent the phone from being unlocked via biometric authentication without consent.
- Advertisement -
Lockdown mode does two things: lock (like locking the screen) your phone immediately, and to then unlock it you need to use PIN, sequence, or password. Samsung also followed Google’s example, and from Android 9 the same feature is available on its phones like Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4: let’s see how to activate it.
How to Turn On Lockdown Mode In Galaxy Z Fold 4 & Flip 4
Before entering Lockdown mode, you will first need to activate its option in the power off menu. To do it:
- Go to Settings by lowering the notification drop-down and clicking on the gear icon
- Click on Lock Screen
- Select Secure Lock Settings
- Turn on the Show Lock option
At this point the new icon will be added to the power menu to activate the Lock mode. To activate it:
- Lower the notification dropdown completely (swipe down twice) from the main screen
- Click on the power icon (as if you were going to turn off your phone)
- Click on Block
Now the phone will crash and to reactivate it you will need to use PIN or password. Once unlocked, Lock mode will turn off.
- Advertisement -
If you want, you can also use the side power button to access the power off menu, but you will need to change the settings as this reactivates theBixby factory. Here’s how to do it:
- Lower the notification drop-down from the home screen
- Click on the gear icon to access Settings
- Click on Advanced Settings
- Select Side button
- Under Hold, select Power Off Menu instead of Activate Bixby
You can now access the power off menu by simply holding down the side power button.