Samsung had already promised it: the new features of the new Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 would arrive on the folds of previous generations along with the new One UI 4.1.1 based on Android 12L.
Today the South Korean giant has started serving the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the carrier-locked units of Galaxy Z Fold 3 in the United States. A few weeks ago, the update already reached the international variant.
According to the SamMobile report, the One UI 4.1.1 for Galaxy Z Fold 3 comes with firmware version F926USQS2DVHE and also adds September 2022 security patch. The update is currently rolling out on Comcast and Xfinity Mobile’s networks, and other carriers may soon release the update on their network.
One UI 4.1.1 Update
- With the new Taskbar, you can access and switch between apps faster than ever, providing a familiar PC-like layout that puts everything you need right at your fingertips.
- Split Screen
- Split Screen View can take your multitasking to new heights by displaying up to 3 apps at once, which users can rearrange and resize to best fit whatever tasks they’re working on. When a notification pops up, users can choose to enter full screen straight away or drag the notification next to a currently active app to instantly enter Split Screen View without disrupting what they were already doing.
- Step-by-step: Go to Settings > Advanced Features > Labs > Turn on Multi window for all apps
- Pop-overs let you peek right through your pop-overs by touching and holding the screen around them. Doing this will turn pop-overs temporarily transparent so that you can see the rest of the app behind them. They reappear as soon as you lift your finger. Through simple touch and hold, this seamless flow lets you see the big picture when it comes to making new plans and also works with Clock and Reminder apps.
- Step-by-step: Open your Samsung Calendar / Clock / Reminder > Plan a new event in a pop-over > Touch and hold the screen outside the pop-over to peek through.
- Camera – Rear Cover Selfie
- With Dual Preview, you and your subject can see the shot at the same time before it’s captured by displaying the image both on the Main and Cover Screen. Now with full control of the camera right on the Cover Screen, you can take high-resolution selfies with the main camera using Rear Cam Selfie.
To update your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, you can go to the system settings, following the ‘Settings > Software Updates > Download and Install’.