Samsung has already confirmed that the latest One UI 4.1.1 update will soon arrive on other devices as well. Today, the launch of the release for the Galaxy Tab S6 in the United States and galaxy Tab S6 Lite in Canada has finally arrived.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 update comes with the firmware version for Verizon T867VVRU7DVH2, Android 12L, and the One UI 4.1.1, but still the security patches for August 2022. And the Tab S6 Lite model is SM-P610.
- Advertisement -
The first and most exciting feature inherited from the Galaxy Z Fold 4 is the new taskbar, the taskbar at the bottom of the screen that allows for faster navigation between apps and more efficient multitasking. With the new taskbar, you can open apps more quickly in split screen mode or pop-up view, and it can also be used to lock and open the most used app pairs.
In the update, we also find a new gesture with two fingers to switch from full screen to split screen view, or even in a floating window, using the appropriate icon. In addition, the new software allows you to view app names in the side panel.
But the news didn’t end here. The new One UI 4.1.1 allows the Galaxy Tab S8 to extract text from any image, share it with the app you prefer, or even translate it into another language. Chinese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish are currently supported. In addition, actions are suggested based on the text extracted from the images.
- Advertisement -
Samsung has also implemented a feature that allows users to set the different caller backgrounds for each contact. Then there’s the new version of Google Meet for video calls and new emojis, stickers, and kaomoji for the Samsung keyboard. Also new for the lock screen, with the ability to select a group of backgrounds, which can be edited at any time.
Finally, the update also involves the My Files apps and the Samsung browser. The first now allows you to search for information within files, such as viewing information within images or documents by entering a phone number, with options for filters and sorting. As for the browser, however, favorite sites can be rearranged by dragging and dropping the browser icon, and bookmarks can be sorted between folders.
Here you can find the Changelog, which is shared by Verizon:
One UI 4.1.1 Update
- Our new and improved taskbar is sleeker and more responsive than ever with expanded multitasking capabilities. Customize your taskbar with your favorite apps and tap seamlessly and speedily between active sessions. The taskbar also remembers and displays your two most recently used applications at any given time, so you can always easily pick up where you left off.
- Split Screen View can take your multitasking to new heights by displaying up to three apps at once, which you can rearrange and resize to best fit whatever tasks you’re working on. When a notification pops up, you can choose to enter full screen or drag the notification next to a currently active app to instantly enter Split Screen View without disrupting what you’re already doing.
- Step-by-step: Go to Settings > Advanced Features > Labs > Turn on “Multi window for all apps”
- Pop-overs let you peek right through your pop-overs by touching and holding the screen around them. Doing this will turn pop-overs temporarily transparent so that you can see the rest of the app behind them. They reappear as soon as you lift your finger. Through simple touch and hold, this seamless flow lets you see the big picture when it comes to making new plans and also works with Clock and Reminder apps.
- Step-by-step: Open your Samsung Calendar / Clock / Reminder > Plan a new event in a pop-over > Touch and hold the screen outside the pop-over to peek through
- To update your Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, you can go to the system settings, following the ‘Settings > Software Updates > Download and Install’.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.