The month of October 2022 has just begun, and the first jolt on software updates for Android smartphones could only be from Samsung: The new One UI 4.1.1 has officially begun to be deployed for the carrier-locked Galaxy S20 FE, 5G on Verizon in the United States.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G started to receive the new update to One UI 4.1.1 — which is still based on Android 12 — in the US, where the rollout started recently on the Verizon Mobile network.
- Advertisement -
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G is therefore receiving the G781VSQU6FVH2 firmware version in the USA, and it is necessary to make some clarification about its features. First of all, it must be said that the distribution of the new software update officially bears the date of September 30, 2022 — as is clear from the Verizon site — and there are still security patches for September 2022. That said, the new version of the One UI still brings improvements, which particularly affect Private Share and Smart View.
This software update brings One UI 4.1.1 with Multi-Window features and other enhancements. The latest Android security patch is also included.
- Advertisement -
- We’ve added 2 new ways to quickly open Multi-Window: Swipe for split screen and swipe for pop-up view.
- Step-by-step: Open Settings > Advanced features > Labs > Select the option.
- You can now edit file names when they are shared in Private Share.
- Step-by-step: Open Private Share > Select sent or received files > Tap the 3 dots for more options > Select Edit name.
- Your Multi View experience has been enhanced to fit your daily usage style.
- You’ll find Multi View options in the Smart View drop down list.
In the previous paragraph it was clearly stated that the distribution of this new update started from the United States, however the availability for models not blocked by operators is a very good signal: soon the roll out will also begin to spread to the rest of the world, including Europe. If you are the owner of a Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G model, you can manually check the availability of the update via the ‘Settings > Software Updates > Download and Install’.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.