Carrier-locked Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra received updates, consisting of Android Security Patch Level: October 2022 with Software Version/firmware build no. G99*USQU5CVIF for T-Mobile network in the US. The upgrade brings 541MB of moderate download size.
Following are the three models for the Galaxy S21 Trio and their upgraded Firmware construct no. T-Mobile:
- Galaxy S21 Ultra (SM-G998U) G998USQU5CVIF
- Galaxy S21+ (SM-G996U) G996USQU5CVIF
- Galaxy S21 (SM-G991U) G991USQU5CVIF
This program upgrade gives execution advancements and the most recent Android security patches for the device, bearing two standard improvements;
- Overall stability of functions improved.
- The security of the device has been improved.
- The Google patch fixes many vulnerabilities known as CVEs along with Samsung’s Security Maintenance Release (SMR) for the device-specific UI improvements.
Along with October 2022 security patch, it fixes security vulnerabilities found in Galaxy smartphones and tablets. Some of those vulnerabilities allowed unauthorized users to access call information, the device’s serial number, configuration data, and secure memory content and allowed them to perform malicious actions.
You can check for updates through the following function:
- Go to Settings (by clicking on the gear icon that appears at the bottom right after lowering the notification dropper twice)
- Select Software Update
- Click Download and Install
Make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network or have enough data available if you use your cellular connection.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.