Samsung has a large number of catalogue devices which are currently running in the market, and due to this reason, sometimes the company get very late to distribute the latest updates to all the devices, but if we talk about the One UI 5.1 rolling out session, the Korean giant is doing great work, it has served the update to most of the devices in several and continuing the streak the company is rolling out for Galaxy Tab S7 devices.
As of now, the update is available in Australia and Canada for Galaxy Tab S7; as said earlier, the update brings one UI 5.1 support, which is the latest software iteration released by Samsung for its Galaxy devices. It comes with several new features that increase the productivity of the devices and makes their device more interesting.
Moreover, the One UI 5.1 update has introduced several new features which are available under many system-level apps, including Camera, AR Zone, Gallery, modes and routines and more. To learn more about One UI 5.1, you can read our previous article. The update also includes the latest security patch in the form of February 2023, which addresses over 50 security vulnerabilities and fixes them.
Users who own Galaxy Tab S7 devices in Australia can identify the latest update by these firmware version numbers T875XXU2DWB2, T975XXU2DWB2 and T976BXXU2DWB2 for Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7+ and Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G respectively, while the wifi variants of devices are getting the update with version number T870XXU2DWB2 and T970XXU2DWB2 for Galaxy Tab S7(Wifi) and Galaxy Tab S7+(wifi) respectively.
Meanwhile, the One UI 5.1 update is also now available in Canada, and in some Asian countries, the wifi variants of Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7+ in Canada are getting the update with version numbers T870XXU2DWB2 and T970XXU2DWB2 respectively. The LTE variant of Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7+ is getting the latest update with version numbers T875XXU2DVL3 and T975XXU2DVL3, respectively.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.