After updating the Galaxy A72 device with February 2023 a week ago, Samsung is now serving the new major update for the devices. The latest update brings One UI 5.1 features that are exclusively available for Galaxy devices. Let’s know more about the update.
The One UI 5.1 is the latest upgrade of the company’s own skin, which comes with every new Android update; with every new update, Samsung packs some extra new features that make their devices more productive and increase the functionalities of the device.
One UI 5.1 brings new features
According to the changelog, One UI 5.1 brings several new features, which are added under different system-level apps, including cameras, Multitasking, weather, and Samsung Internet. To get full information about each feature, you can click here.
The latest One UI 5.1 update is rolling out in Russia and Italy. Users who own Galaxy A72 devices can identify the latest update by the firmware version number A725FXXU5DWB6, and the update also includes the February 2023 security update, which enhances the overall security of the device. It is expected that Samsung will expand the same update to the remaining regions in the coming days.
Users who are residing in the above-mentioned countries should get the notification about the update, so they can easily update their device by tapping on the notification and tapping on the download button, but in case if users didn’t receive the notification yet, they can easily check the update by going to the settings then tap on the software update, now tap on Download and install.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.