Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is now receiving the One UI 5.1 update in the US, the update is lading on the Unlocked devices, earlier these devices had got the February 2023 update which came with security fixes with no additional features, but this time the update brings a bunch of new features which will add some new functionalities to the device. Let’s discuss it in detail.
One UI 5.1 brings new features for Galaxy S20 FE 5G
The One UI 5.1 is the latest upgrade of Samsung’s skin which includes several new features. With the latest update, there is a number of improvements and changes have been introduced under several system-level apps, including Camera, Gallery, Samsung internet, and many more.
Moreover, the update has added several interesting changes that will surely enhance your device experience; at the same time, the update uses the previously released February 2023 security patch.
As said earlier, the update is rolling out for the unlocked variant of Galaxy S20 FE 5G devices; users can easily identify the update by its firmware version number G781U1UEU9GWB3, while the same update has already been available on some networks for locked variants.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
The Galaxy S20 FE is the lite variant of the original S20 series, it was launched back in 2020, and the device came with Android 10; later, it grabbed three more Android updates, and currently, the device is running on Android 13. Being a three-year-old device and grabbing three major updates, the Galaxy S20 FE is no longer eligible for any further Android updates. Still, it will get some minor updates in the form of security patches in the coming days.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.