Samsung is now serving new updates to mid-range devices; the company is now rolling out the update for the Galaxy A53 5G smartphone. The new update brings a new security patch and the latest One UI 5.1 update. However, the security patch was previously received in some high-end devices, including Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4, and Galaxy S22 in the US and Galaxy S23 in several countries.
Samsung is expanding the latest One UI 5.1 update for more carriers; this time, T-Mobile and MetroPCS carrier-locked Galaxy A53 5G units are receiving the update in the US. The update also brings March 2023 security patch on build number A536USQU4CWCG, and the update size is around 1.47GB.
The Galaxy A53 5G is receiving the One UI 5.1 update in the US unlocked and Puerto Rico carriers. The update also includes different security patches. The unlocked variant of Galaxy A53 5G is getting the March 2023 security patch, while the Puerto Rico-based units are receiving the April 2023 security patch.
Users who own an unlocked variant of Galaxy A53 5G Puerto Rico and other unlocked can identify the latest update by the firmware version number A536U1UEU4CWC4 and A536U1UEU4CWC3, respectively.
One UI 5.1 new features
The One UI 5.1 brings new enhancements to the Camera and Gallery of the device, and the image search is now more powerful; now, you can search photos of people by tapping their faces. The GIF remastering is now more improved, and it will give you better quality results. A new shared family album that helps you to share pictures with your family. You will get 5GB of storage for each family member to keep in the Gallery. Apart from these, there are more significant improvements that have been made under other inbuilt apps. To get full information about each feature, visit our previous article.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
How to install
- Open system setting
- Now touch on software update
- Then hit the download and install button
- Wait until the search finished
- If the update available touch the download option.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.