As we know, this year, we will witness the fourteenth version of Android, which will be available for all eligible Android devices. Before reaching the stable update, Google is preparing for it. Being the Android parent company, initially, it tested every new Android update in the form of beta updates.
A few days ago, the mountain view company released its first beta update for the Pixel device based on Android 14. Being the initial update, it comes with a lot of bugs. There were many issues found in many functions of the devices, including wallpaper & style issues, errors in the picture in picture mode, which stops playing or videos are flickering, etc.
Android 14 Beta 1.1 Update
Now with the new Beta 1.1 update, several issues have been fixed, including the previous one; for instance, issues related to eSIM and traditional SIM, Lock screen, Status bar, Fingerprint and wallpaper, and style screen have been fixed.
The latest Android 14 Beta 1.1 update for Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, and 6a is now available with version number UPB1.230309.017.A1, while for other devices, it comes with a different version number UPB1.230309.017. The update will be available over the Air for pixel devices starting from Pixel 4a 5G to later models.
It is worth noticing that the update will only be available for those users who have already enrolled their devices in the Android Beta program. Users who haven’t enrolled their device yet can also install the update by doing the process of enrolling their device from the above link.
Google announces to fix these issues with the Android 14 Beta 1.1 update:
- Fixed an issue where the system UI crashed when trying to access the Wallpaper & Style screen either through the Settings app or by long-pressing from the home screen.
- Fixed some issues that prevented fingerprint unlock from being used.
- Fixed an issue where the status bar did not display the mobile network.
- Fixed an issue that prevented a SIM card or eSIM from being detected or activated in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen displayed a message with an unresolved string placeholder when Smart Lock was enabled.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.