In addition to the flagship Galaxy S23, Samsung America is introducing tactical features to the Galaxy XCover 6 Pro for the very first time to serve the distinct requirements of various activities and conditions. Both tactical editions are now available in the US. Starting on September 20, 2023, a few IT channel partners will be selling the Galaxy S23 and XCover 6 Pro Tactical Edition. Both systems make use of the capabilities of the firm’s commercially available mobile devices with highly customized software.
This marks the business’ long-standing partnership with the U.S. Department of Defense and is now in use by all U.S. military services. It also turns out great for those who depend on FirstNet, the only national communications network established for public safety and constructed by AT&T.
- 5G LTE, CBRS, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi 6E all come as commonly used cellular technologies for both versions, the first ever tactical editions that are FirstNet Ready.
- Covert Lock, which offers stealth mode and deactivates baseband communications and GPS, can be activated for higher security missions and produces an RF signature that enables both stealth mode and covert lock.
- Configuration of connections that are only to approved 5G networks using a new 5G band-locking mode
- Compatible with mission-ready applications like the Battlefield Assisted Trauma Distributed Observation Kit (BATDOK) and the Android Team Awareness Kit (ATAK),
- The first devices to ship with both Samsung’s Tactical Settings App and the TE-Enabler app from PAR Government pre-installed
- The auto-rotating lock screen allows usage in a flip-down chest mount, while the night vision mode offers night vision optic equipment.
- The new Adjustable Screen Timeout function allows users to prolong the lock screen timeout length beyond 30 seconds, one minute, or five minutes.
- Samsung Knox security embedded into Samsung mobile devices, from the chipset up to keep data safe and locked down, is a layer of protection for both.
- It complies with the NSA’s commercial technologies for classified (CSfC) components list, enabling safe access to active-duty and civilian military employees.
- Knox Dual Data at Rest (DualDAR) uses two levels of encryption to secure classified data up to the top secret that is kept on the devices.
- A new Hypervisor Device Manager (HDM), which is in depth to thwart all sorts of hacking, is one of the new solutions for enhanced security.
- Both versions will receive software support through January 2027 as a result of an extended four-year software maintenance cycle.
- The solutions may be managed and deployed on-premises or in a hosted environment; all credit goes to Knox Enterprise Firmware Over-the-Air (E-FOTA).
Mission-ready through its versatility:
- Military personnel may minimize their burdens and reallocate weight for mission-critical items like ammunition, medical supplies, food, or water because of its lightweight and compact design.
- XCover 6 Pro Tactical Edition is MIL-STD-810H compliant for surviving severe altitudes, temperatures, vibration, and humidity and can sustain a fall of up to 1.5 meters.
- Long-lasting removable battery, MicroSD card slot, Glove Mode, and the ability to store and retrieve up to 1TB of map data
- The Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and dynamic AMOLED 120Hz display of the Galaxy S23 offer tactical computing and detailed reading of map data.
- The toughness of the S23 tactical edition has been improved with the collaboration of the firm with Juggernaut Case and Kagwerks to create tough, military-grade cases.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.