With the goal of enhancing immersive experiences and delivering top-notch performance to customers’ daily lives, Qualcomm Technologies unveiled the Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 Mobile Platform. All-around improvements are brought about by the redesigned platform, which also has a robust 5G connection, fan-favorite mobile gaming, an innovative camera, and on-device AI. The new Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 is sure to establish itself as a new benchmark for the mid-range Android market. The Octa-Core Kyro CPU with three distinct clusters powers the Qualcomm SoC, which was produced using a 4 nm manufacturing process.
Features and Specifications: What’s new in the Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 CPU?
- CPU: With a prime core clocked at 2.63 GHz, three performance cores capable of 2.4 GHz, and four efficiency cores running at 1.8 GHz, the chipset has a 1+3+4 design.
- GPU: With a 50% increase in GPU performance, Qualcomm promises to improve gaming and graphics quality for consumers.
- Enhanced AI: The goal of the on-device AI improvements is to achieve a 60% performance boost, which will increase the effectiveness and responsiveness of the AI-driven applications. Remosaic and AI video retouch imaging technologies are reportedly included, and it can handle three lenses being captured simultaneously.
- Power efficiency: With its 20% boost in power efficiency, the Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 processor may allow devices that use it to have longer battery life.
- Charging capability: With the integration of Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 5 technology, fast charging is possible, with the battery supposedly being filled from empty to 50% in five minutes.
- Display: Up to 4K resolution monitors at a 60Hz refresh rate or WFHD+ resolution at 168 Hz are supported by the chipset for display.
- Camera: The Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 is outfitted with a Qualcomm Spectra triple ISP, which provides support for 4K HDR video recording at 60 Hz and can handle primary camera modules with up to 200 MP resolution. Notable is also the inclusion of the Qualcomm Spectra Triple ISP, which supports the full range of Snapdragon Sound Technology and sensors up to 200 megapixels.
- Connectivity: The Snapdragon X63 5G Modem-RF system offers dual SIM, dual active (DSDA) 5G and 4G connections. Furthermore, compatible with Bluetooth v5.3 and Wi-Fi 6/6E is the Qualcomm FastConnect 6700.
- Memory: At 3200 MHz, the chipset can interface with the newest LPDDR5T RAM.
- Gaming: Equipped with Adreno HDR Fast Blend and Qualcomm Game Quick Touch, the Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 SoC is branded SM7550-AB and comes with a few Snapdragon Elite Gaming capabilities.
The first smartphone using the Snapdragon 7 Gen 3 is anticipated to be unveiled this month, and major OEMs like Honor and Vivo will be among the first to use it. In the first quarter of 2024, we may anticipate the chip’s arrival in Europe.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.