The Galaxy Tab Active 5 tablet will soon be hitting the market, reveals the South Korean giant. The South Korean Giant is reportedly developing the firmware for the new tablet, and the Bluetooth certification body recently discovered the 5G and WiFi-only versions on their database. According to reports, the Galaxy Tab Active 5 will arrive in two variants: Wi-Fi alone and Wi-Fi plus 5G. According to the Bluetooth SIG database, the next rugged tablet is reported to have two available models. This suggests a release date of a few weeks from now.
Earlier this month, Samsung discovered the upcoming tablet in the SafetyKorea and KTL certification databases. Samsung reportedly listed multiple Galaxy Tab Active 5 models on the Bluetooth SIG authority. The evidence specified the model numbers of the several variations of the Tab Active 5 5G, including SM-X306B, SM-X306N, SM-X308B, and SM-X308U. Additionally, the Wi-Fi-only model, the SM-X300, has also achieved Bluetooth SIG certification. More detailed model variants as per the regions include:
- SM-X300: Wi-Fi Only Global
- SM-X306B: 5G Global
- SM-X306N: 5G South Korea
- SM-X308B: 5G Global
- SM-X308U: 5G USA Carrier-Locked
Specifications of the Galaxy Tab Active 5 as per certifications:
- The Bluetooth SIG database states that a Bluetooth 5.3 connection is included on the Galaxy Tab Active 5 and Tab Active 5 5G.
- A microSD card slot, a S Pen, 128GB of internal storage, and 15W fast charging via a USB Type-C connection are all included in the Galaxy Tab Active 5 series, revealing the FCC certification.
- The Galaxy Tab Active 5 tablet is equipped with an Exynos 1380 octa-core CPU, 6GB of RAM, and the Android 14 operating system, known from Geekbench’s database.
- This 5nm chipset has four CPU cores designed for excellent performance and four cores for low power consumption.
- The tablet received 2,815 points for the multi-core CPU test and 1,022 points for the single-core CPU test.
- Probably having an IP68 rating for dust and water protection, as the tablet is part of the Galaxy Tab Active series.
- Additionally, its shock-resistant design may comply with MIL-STD-810G.
Passionate about technology at the service of digital entertainment that can be used through any platform. Music, movies and video games have always taken up a good part of his free time, but he doesn’t give up outdoor activities, from simple walks to cycling and skiing. He has been producing editorial content for SamLover since 2022 and has run a computer and telephony store for 3 decades.