On June 9th, a Samsung community moderator in charge of camera software development for Samsung posted that the Galaxy S22 series will get a June update, which will further enhance the camera features for the series with some other changes.
This time the update was released for the Galaxy S22 Ultra model no. SM-908N is the June 2022 security level patch and comes with the version/build no S908NKSU1AVF1 with a download size of 1721.71 MB. This update was released in S.Korea.
The series has three models, namely w.r.t. their updated build no. –
- SM-S901N S22 S901NKSU1AVF1
- SM-S906N S22 + S906NKSU1AVF1
- SM-S908N S22 Ultra S908NKSU1AVF1
This time it brings updated camera features. According to the moderator and Changelog, here are the updated features:
- Provides natural sharpness and improved contrast expression when taking pictures.
- Confirmed and corrected the phenomenon of one-time stopping during single-take shooting.
- The AWB algorithm has been improved to express the original white color better when shooting a puppy.
- Optimized memory for video recording.
- Improved portrait mode performance and optimized camera performance.
According to the Changelog following improvements have been made to the security and UI :
- Usability related to the setting apps from unknown sources has been improved.
- Added “Disallow All” selection function
- Added management function
- Updated to the latest version of the touch firmware.
- Stabilization code application a stabilization code related to terminal operation has been applied.
- Google security patch application
It is an update that emphasizes the camera, as told by the moderator. As mentioned above, there are some moderate changes, and the regular security patches are updated and reviewed by Google for Android 12 and OneUI fixes by the Samsung team.
The Galaxy S22 series is the latest flagship from Samsung, and it gets quicker updates and is updated accordingly.
Users can also check for the latest software update by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install or turning auto-updates or notifications on in your device’s settings.
Interested readers can check the links below for moderator’s posts & the Changelog for a better understanding of resolved security & privacy issues from Samsung’s & Google’s monthly bulletin for security patches & users’ posts regarding updates.