Lately, Samsung has released a June update for the Galaxy S22 series in the USA. This update is for the Xfinity Network, a Comcast Cable Communications, LLC subsidiary. The firmware version can be identified as S90xUSQU2AVF1.
This update brings June 2022 security level patch with Google’s and Samsung’s monthly revisions
Following are the improvements :
- Samsung has worked on enhancing visuals as the contrast and sharpness of the device have improved.
- A bug was fixed when the device stopped taking photos in Single Take mode after capturing just one shot.
- The white balance has been improved for taking pictures of dogs with white color.
- Portrait mode has been enhanced.
The series has three models namely w.r.t. their updated build no. –
- SM-S901U S22 – S901USQSU2AVF1
- SM-S906U S22+ – S906USQU2AVF1
- SM-S908U S22 Ultra – S908USQU2AVF1
Apart from this overall stability and performance of the device, including the camera features, have been improved.
This update is for the carrier-locked model and is expected to expand to other carriers soon. Samsung’s Four-year Software Update Policy suggests that the Galaxy S22 series will stay updated for OneUI and Android OS, as its the latest flagship device.
According to Samsung’s and Google’s report, its June 2022 security patch fixes dozens of vulnerabilities related to user privacy and data security, such as SIM card data access, remote code execution, improper access controls, MAC address information, camera access, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Samsung account, etc. and improvements in native or stock apps.
The update is for security and privacy issues fix but is not limited to it, and it can also include general bug fixes and device stability improvements. This update brings security level issues resolved by Google and UI-related fixes by Samsung.
Users can check for the latest software update by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install or turning auto-updates or notifications on in the settings of your device.
Sources & References :