Recently the Galaxy Z Fold, Galaxy A51 & Galaxy Tab S7 all of these devices have got the June 2022 security level patch updates in the USA.
- To start with, the Galaxy Z Fold, often called the original, has received the June 2022 firmware update, which can be identified with build no. F900U1UEU6HVF7 for the unlocked models.
- Another device, Galaxy A51 model name SM-A515U1, has also got an update for the unlocked variant and can be identified with the build no. A515U1UES7DVF1.
- Lastly, the tabs are also getting updates, and that is Galaxy Tab S7 with the new firmware build no. T878USQU2CVE5 on t-mobile & Sprint networks.
All these updates bring only Security updates, the June 2022 security level patch. This time it’s just a security update that improves the overall stability of the devices. According to the sources, the update is for security and privacy issues fix but is not limited to it. It can also include general bug fixes and device stability improvements, with more enhanced features and further improvements to performances.
According to Samsung’s and Google’s report, its June 2022 security patch fixes dozens of vulnerabilities related to user privacy and data security, such as SIM card data access, remote code execution, improper access controls, MAC address information, camera access, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and Samsung account, etc. and improvements in native or stock apps, i.e., overall about 66 fixes.
- Galaxy Fold was released 2019 in September
- Galaxy A51 was released in 2019. In December
- Galaxy Tab S7 was released in August 2020.
Visit the links to understand how many updates for OS and UI these devices are eligible for, as per Samsung’s 4-year software support policy.
Samsung advises keeping your device up to date and regularly checking for software updates. Users can check for the latest software update by navigating to Settings » Software update and tapping on Download and install or turning auto-updates or notifications on in the settings of your device.
Sources & References :