After seeing the official debut of the new Galaxy Watch 5 and Watch 5 Pro, the South Korean company’s new top-of-the-line smartwatches, let’s learn about some intriguing information regarding the Galaxy Watch 4 from a year ago.
In reality, the procedure for installing every new watchface that came with the official release of the new Galaxy Watch 5 has leaked on the well-known XDA forum.
How To Install Galaxy Watch 5 Watchfaces to Watch 4
Installing on Galaxy Watch 4 is relatively simple and requires downloading an apk and installing it via adb commands. Let’s see how to do it:
- Download the zip files associated with the new watchfaces, you can find them in this XDA forum thread.
- Enable ADB debugging and Debug over Wi-Fi in Smartwatch Developer Options.
- Connecting the smartwatch to a Wi-Fi network and annotating the IP address associated with the device, this can be consulted under Debug over Wi-Fi in the smartwatch system settings.
- Install adb drivers on your PC, connect your PC to the same Wi-Fi network to which the smartwatch is connected.
- Open a command window on your PC in the same folder where the adb drivers and files extracted from the downloaded zips are in the point above.
- Send the adb connect command followed by the IP address associated with the smartwatch.
- Grant permission to debug on smartwatch.
- Send the command adb -s “IP address” install filename.apk, where instead of filename enter the name of the file you intend to install.
- When fully installed, Success should be displayed in the command window.
- Send the adb disconnect command and close the command window on your PC.
- You should finally be able to see and use the new watchfaces on your Galaxy Watch 4.