It’s been a little over two weeks since the latest One UI 5.1 was released, and several Galaxy devices are already receiving the latest skin update. The update brings the devices up to Android 13-based One UI 5.1, which is the latest version of Samsung’s custom Android skin.
Samsung started rolling out the One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy S21 series earlier. The update brought a number of new features and improvements to the devices, including the new camera feature and adding new widgets – Battery and weather. The update has already been released for carrier-locked Verizon, Xfinity Mobile, and Comcast. But now, T-Mobile users joined the list.
The One UI 5.1 update is now rolling out to the Galaxy S21 series on T-Mobile. The update is currently rolling out to the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra, and it should be available for all devices on the carrier within the next few days.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.