Google is back in the game to progress with the Android 14 development after releasing the initial Android DP; now the company has come with its second update for Pixel devices; the Android 14 Developer preview 2 came with new features and improvements that will increase the progress of Android 14.
Google Android 14 Developer Preview
The Android 14 developer preview 2 is kind of similar software to the first one with new improvements and introduces some new features which are useful for the developers only because it is currently available in raw format which means it can easily unstable your device and some functions of the device also may not work after installing it. Let’s discuss the features which will possibly be available in Android 14 stable on the basis of this Android developer preview.
New features come with Android Developer preview 2
The latest Android developer preview has several new features and improvements for different functionalities, such as:
- With the new Android DP, we got to know that it will bring improvements for large-screen devices, including tablets and foldable.
- For privacy and security, a new photo permission dial box appeared at the time of permission asked by any app for photos which contains three options – Allow access to all photos, select photos, and Don’t allow.
- The credential manager has been improved.
- Users will get more control over background activity; it can help to restrict apps that are not useful and cover space.
- Now the Notification containing FLAG_ONGOING_EVENT will be dismissable.
- It will improve the installation process of apps from the play store; for this, the update has added several new package installer APIs.
- Android 14 will add regional language preferences, which helps users to set their device language as per the user requirements; for example, if you prefer a temperature unit as Celsius and want language preferences, now you can easily do it by using the new menu as Regional preferences.
- Now the compatibility of the app will be improved, so the apps will get more optimized according to the devices and get the new update faster and smoother.
Informatively, the Android 14 developer preview 2 will be available for select Pixel devices, including Pixel 7 Pro, Pixel 7, Pixel 6a, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6, Pixel 5a 5G, Pixel 5, or Pixel 4a (5G), for guidance to install you can visit our previous article.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.