Google distributes a new update for Android devices every month, which brings security fixes that enhance the overall security of the device; for instance, Google has introduced the March 2023 update, which brings several security patches that resolves the issues of functions that are reported earlier. The same update is now available for the Pixel watches, which are running on Wear OS 3.5. This indicates that Galaxy Watches will soon receive the March update with significant improvements.
As Google is the parent company of Android and designed the Wear OS for the watches, the changes that come with the Wear OS are directly affected the other watches running on the same OS. In the case of Samsung, its Galaxy devices get some extra functionalities that are exclusive. But as said earlier, all the watches get the same changes that the mountain view company introduced for Wear OS, which lets us know about the possible features that could be available for Galaxy watches.
WearOS 3.5 March 2023 update
According to the March 2023 update, changelog some improvements will come in various existing functions such as display- now you can wake up the display by rotating the crown, and now you can enable and disable the battery saver by single tap support in QSS.
- Digital Clock is now available with button press when the device is powered down. The time will now appear upon crown push, alongside the red low battery indicator.
- In addition to tap, tilt, button press to wake the watch, you can now rotate the Crown to wake.
- Optimizations have been added to improve sensitivity of touch screen behavior.
- Battery saver enable/disable single tap support in QSS has been fully enabled in this release.
- In the coming weeks, a fix will be rolled out via PlayStore to update the Clock app that addresses some alarms which have been having a delayed or false start.
- Ensure Auto-update apps is selected in Play Store > Settings on your watch and you will get this update once it’s available when your watch is on charger and connected to Wi-Fi.
Apart from these, some new features are also introduced in settings like mono -audio which limits the disorientation of split audio. The new color correction and greyscale modes better optimize the display for a wider range of vision preferences. A new fall detection feature has also been added that detects if you have taken a hard fall, and it will automatically connect to emergency services and send a message to request help wherever you are.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.