Google has just taken another step towards Android 14. In fact, in the last few hours, the new beta of Android 14 has been released for its Android devices. There are many fixes but also several new features. This update is only available for Pixel phones, tablets, and foldable phones right now, going as far back as the Pixle 4a 5G. So we might assume that the company, before the public launching of Android 14, will add up one more beta version of the update within a week. On the other hand, Samsung will release its first One UI 6.0 Beta update based on Android 14 this July.
One UI 6.0 Beta Update
In the coming weeks, Samsung is anticipated to roll out the most awaited One UI 6.0 beta update to several devices, including the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S22, Galaxy Z Fold 4/ Flip 4, and Galaxy Z Fold 5/ Flip 5. Users of these devices can look forward to experiencing the latest enhancements and features introduced by the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 beta update.
Android 14 Beta 4 New Feature:
The update just released by Google, therefore, consists of Beta 4 of Android 14. Let’s see the new features introduced right away:
- New icon for silent mode in the status bar.
- New icon for Google Lens inside the search bar of the Pixel Launcher.
- Direct access to your smartphone once you enter your 6-digit PIN. You will no longer need to touch the submit button.
- New entry indicating the year of production of the smartphone within the System Settings.
- New alternatives to choose your profile picture on Android.
- Link to start Split Screen on Pixel Tablet from the menu that appears after long pressing on the app icon.
- Widget selector divided into two columns on Pixel Tablet.
Android 14 Beta 4 Full Changelog:
- Fixed an issue that caused the CredentialManager registry to fail when using more than one set of credentials.
- Fixed issues where the HealthConnect API returned null pointer exceptions in some cases to calling apps.
- Fixed issues that could cause boot loops and “Application not responding” messages on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where some elements on the system UI didn’t retheme correctly when switching between day and night modes.
- Fixed a system issue that caused the Picture-in-Picture (PiP) window to be unresponsive when using an app (such as Google Maps) in PiP mode and then locking the screen and reopening the app by tapping the notification on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where the lockscreen wallpaper was sometimes reset to a blank, black screen when setting a new wallpaper for the home screen.
- Fixed issues that caused poor UI animations in the launcher.
- Fixed an issue where an intent picker dialog was incorrectly shown during work profile setup, which interfered with a user completing setup successfully.
- Fixed an issue that caused the rounded borders on notifications to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where a device could sometimes become unresponsive if eSIM was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen sometimes got stuck with a blank, black screen.
- Fixed an issue with ConnectivityService that could cause a device to crash and restart in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the system volume slider to be stuck on the screen.
- Fixed issues where the titles of some Settings pages were not announced correctly and some areas within the system Settings app couldn’t be accessed when TalkBack was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause fingerprint enrollment to fail if the device was rotated during enrollment.
- Fixed an issue where connected Bluetooth devices were not ranked correctly in the system audio output switcher.
- Fixed an issue where the notification shade didn’t close after tapping a notification to launch an intent.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the analog clock to fail to display when viewing wallpaper preview.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused only a right-side Bluetooth earbud to be paired.
- Fixed issues that prevented app launch animations from playing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where notifications from a prioritized conversation were erroneously dismissed when the group of non-prioritized notifications was dismissed.
- Fixed an issue where the sharesheet sometimes crashed after pressing the copy button.
- Fixed an issue where the UI didn’t return to the sharesheet workflow if a user edited an image from the sharesheet.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Face Unlock to fail.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a USB headset to consume additional power when connected to a device that was making a call using Voice over LTE (VoLTE).
- Fixed a null pointer exception that sometimes caused the launcher to crash after launching an app.
- Fixed an issue where, when using a device with a work profile, the Google Play Store app in the work profile would hang or crash when launched.
- Fixed various issues that caused the system UI to crash in some cases.
- Fixed other various issues that were impacting system stability.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.