After the release of Android 14’s fourth beta last month by Google, it was expected that the next update would be the public version, but now the Android giant has come with one more beta update that comes with some more improvements.
However, the latest beta update doesn’t bring new features, but it is full of fixes. Users who own Pixel devices can now install the update. It is worth noticing that not all the Pixel devices are eligible for the update; if you have a Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5G, Pixel 6 (6, 6 Pro, and 6a), and the Pixel 7 series (7), it is being done. 7 Pro, and 7A).
The new beta update is meant to give the final touches to the Android 14 developments. Earlier, as per Google’s official Android 14 development image, it wasn’t mentioned about the August update; however, we hope the next update should be the public one.
Apart from the bug fixes, the update also brought a new August 2023 security patch for the Pixel devices with firmware version UPB5.230623.003. The latest patch will enhance the overall security of the devices.
You can easily install the latest beta update on the above-mentioned devices and on two new Pixel devices, including the Pixel Fold and Pixel Tablet. The update will be available only for those users who have already enrolled in the Android beta program. If you are one of those who haven’t enrolled your device in the program, you can still enroll it and grab the update by signing up for the Android beta program.
Here are the all-new fixes coming with Android 14’s fifth beta update
- Fixed an issue where after unlocking a device using a PIN, TalkBack provides incorrect audio.
- Fixed an issue where Wi-Fi scanning was consuming too much battery.
- Fixed an issue where some pictures would glitch with extra shadow blocks.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases, the fingerprint sensor icon wouldn’t appear as expected.
- Fixed an issue where voice over Wi-Fi wasn’t enabled by default.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold devices where the device loses antenna ranging session information and cannot recover it.
- Fixed an issue where an extraneous white bar would appear in some apps.
- Fixed a background color issue with the UI used to add a shortcut to the home screen.
- Fixed a launcher issue that was causing frequent crashes and other quality issues.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel tablets where user interaction during the transition from screen saver to low-light clock causes a SysUI crash.
- Fixed a Pixel Fold issue where tapping would fail to wake the device.
- Fixed a Pixel Fold issue where the system buttons would have inconsistent positions after folding and unfolding.
- Fixed an issue causing SysUI crashes when removing an app pair in landscape.
- Fixed an issue the launcher doesn’t fully render after setup.
- Fixed an issue where the system displayed an incorrect mobile connection type.
- Fixed an issue where navigating back to exit an app leads to users no longer being able to open the app.
- Fixed an issue where wallpaper previews were sometimes blank.
- Fixed an issue where the system theme changes from yellow to pink after rebooting.
- Fixed an overscroll issue with ScrollView.
- Fixed an issue where certain color palettes were difficult to see when the lock screen was activated.
- Fixed an issue where users couldn’t enable battery sharing if a work profile exists on the device.
- Fixed an issue where a tablet screen inappropriately turns off when docked.
- Fixed an issue where the device policy manager was preventing notifications from appearing.
- Fixed an issue where group notifications couldn’t be expanded.
- Fixed an issue where the lockscreen didn’t properly display the clock.
- Fixed various camera issues that were causing crashes and reductions in quality.
- Fixed an issue with power consumption during video playback.
- Fixed a Weather clock rendering issue.
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen customization preview didn’t match the end result.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the wallpaper selection screen to crash.
- Fixed an issue where Pixel devices weren’t connecting with some routers.
- Fixed a toast search result issue where the color was too similar with the background color.
- Fixed an issue where tapping a notification before using facial unlock does not open the notification.
- Fixed an issue on Pixel Fold where two clocks were displayed at the same time when in widescreen.
- Fixed an issue where widgets would overlap and stack incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where closing the PiP window doesn’t stop YouTube playback.
- Fixed an issue with switching call audio sources.
- Fixed an issue where after unlocking a device, only the background appears.
- Fixed an issue with dragging folders to remove them.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.