It is a period of great excitement at Samsung regarding the software updates of its devices, and here, after releasing in recent days the beta of the One UI 6.0 for the Samsung Galaxy S23 and announcing a release date for the final version, another one was added as the release of the stable version of the One UI 5 Watch based on Wear OS 4 for the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 5 began.
These smartwatches, predecessors of the newcomers Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 and Galaxy Watch 6 Classic, are now preparing to embrace the final release of the operating system after being the protagonists of four iterations of the One UI Watch Beta program, now closed by the manufacturer.
A few weeks ago, Samsung asked people to test a new version called One UI 5 Watch beta on the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 5. Now, those testers have the final version of the update. The Korean giant is now giving the One UI 5 Watch update to the Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 4 Series in the United States. We think that in the next few days, the One UI 5 Watch update will reach more countries.
You can download the new update by opening the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone, navigating to Watch settings » Watch software update, and tapping Download and install. It’s a big update, so we advise you to download it via a Wi-Fi network. The Galaxy Watch 4 and the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic are getting a software update called One UI 5 Watch. It’s based on Wear OS 4, and the firmware versions are R8**USQU1ZWF1 and R9**XXU1BWH3, respectively. The update is about 1.7 gigabytes.
One UI 5 Watch New Features
Watch faces and tiles
- Add watch faces and tiles easily
- A new vertical layout makes it easier to find the watch faces and tiles that are right for you.
- Improve Buds controller tile
- You can now turn 360 audio on and off from the Buds controller tile if your Buds support 360 audio.
- Quick access to timers
- You can start timers from the new Timer tile without opening the Timer app.
- Set an album or story as your watch face
- Instead of just one picture, you can now make your watch face cycle between pictures in an album or story that you select. Your watch face will change to a different picture each time you turn on the watch screen.
- Automatically record cycling workouts
- Samsung Health can now detect when you start cycling and record your workout automatically. You can also set whether to automatically map your cycling routes.
- Get heart rate guidance while running
- Your watch can provide personalized heart rate zones while you run to help you manage your exercise intensity.
Backup and Restore
- Keep your watch data safe
- Files and data from your watch are periodically backed up to your phone when it’s connected to your watch. You can also save backups to Samsung Cloud. Your phone needs the latest version of the Smart Switch app to use this feature.
Control Your Phone
- More call controls
- You now have more control over calls without touching your phone. You can adjust the call volume, mute sound, and press buttons on the keypad, all from your watch.
- Dictate text with Home button
- Just press and hold the Home button any time you’re entering text with Samsung Keyboard to instantly switch to voice input.
- Using multiple timers at once
- You can now have up to 20 timers running at the same time to help keep track of all your tasks.
- Share medical information in an emergency
- A button to access your medical info will appear automatically when a hard fall is detected or when you press the Home button 5 times to start the Emergency SOS feature.
- Device Care
- Check the status of your watch’s battery, storage, and memory and immediately fix any problems to extend battery life and keep your watch running smoothly.
- Control your watch without touch
- Universal gestures let you control your watch without touching the screen or pressing a button. You can assign various actions to gestures such as shaking your wrist, making a fist, or pinching your fingers.
- Organize app in folder
- Create folders to keep your apps organized so you can find the apps you need quickly with less scrolling.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Thanks to “SamMobile“