Samsung’s One UI comes with several interesting camera and gallery features. Apart from the normal gallery features, Samsung Gallery offers lots of hidden features under the Gallery labs, one of them is the Lock Or Unlock Album On Your Galaxy Devices, which is hidden within the Gallery app’s Gallery labs section. Here you can learn how you can lock and unlock albums on your Galaxy device.
Gallery Labs has a range of interesting and impressive features. But keep in mind that all work in laboratories is not official, but for internal testing. Do not use this feature for general use as it may lead to incorrect behavior within the application. Each change will be applied only after restarting the application. Also, you will need to close the app from “Recently” for the changes to take effect. Although the feature is currently working with Galaxy devices running One UI 5.1 or later version.
Gallery Labs: the lock album feature
Through the lock album feature, you can keep all your private pictures or videos secure at one place. It protects our personal photos and videos from the stranger’s eyes under its safety protection. You can easily hide or unhide certain images within the lock album inside the Gallery app.
How to enable Gallery Labs on your Galaxy device?
To lock or unlock albums on your Gallery app, first, you need to enable the Gallery Labs, which is pretty simple, and steps have been provided below:
- Open the Gallery app on your Galaxy device.
- Tap on the three lines at the bottom right corner.
- Tap on the Settings icon.
- Select the About gallery option.
- Tap on the Gallery version 5 times.
- A pop-up will appear which says that the Gallery labs are enabled.
How To Lock Or Unlock Album On Your Samsung Galaxy Device?
To lock the Albums:
- After enabling the Gallery labs, select any Album you want to close.
- Tap on More option.
- Select the Lock album.
To unlock the album:
- On your Gallery app, tap on the Locked album to open it.
- Click on the three dots menu on top right corner.
- Finally, select the Unlock album option.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.