Running the Android operating system, Samsung produces the IP67-rated, water- and dust-resistant Galaxy Xcover (GT-S5690). In August of 2011, Samsung both announced and released it. Galaxy Xcover 3G smartphone using quad-band GSM technology Samsung has been producing extremely durable smartphones under the Galaxy XCover brand, in addition to continuously producing some of the best Android smartphones. The Samsung Galaxy XCover 6 Pro was released in the middle of 2022, and it hasn’t been updated since. However, based on circulating rumors, a purported image of the Galaxy XCover 7 may soon be joining the lineup.
Renderings of the Galaxy Xcover 7:
- With elevated corners and a grooved back panel for improved grip and shock absorption, the Galaxy Xcover 7 has a strong frame.
- The user may remove the rear panel, and a detachable battery should be included.
- Along with a dual-LED flash unit, the phone’s rear features a single camera.
- The gadget features a red tint around the camera ring, just like its predecessor.
- The buttons for power and volume are on the right side.
- It is unknown about the battery life and how quickly the battery can be charged.
- Around the left customizable Xcover key, the same color is also present.
- An application’s opening, push-to-talk functionality, barcode scanning, and other tasks may all be programmed into a key.
- Large display bezels are typical of rugged smartphones like the Galaxy Xcover 7.
- To make the screen accessible with wet hands or when wearing gloves, Samsung should provide increased touch sensitivity.
- IP68 dust and water resistance, drop-to-concrete resistance, and build quality that complies with MIL-STD-810H are all among the things that are anticipated to be included in the renders list.
Why is the Pro moniker prohibited?
SM-G556B is the new Xcover’s model number, whereas the model number of the gadget from the previous version is SM-G736B. As per the Korean company’s conference, a follow-up to the 2021-debuted Galaxy Xcover 5 (SM-G525F) may be in the works. This may be the reason behind the lack of Pro branding.
The Galaxy Xcover 7 should be more affordable than the starting price of the Galaxy Xcover 6 Pro, which was around $600. To conclude that the gadget will be budget-friendly, the single rear camera can be taken into consideration. However, an official announcement is necessary before coming to any conclusion.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Thanks to “Android Headlines“
Passionate about technology at the service of digital entertainment that can be used through any platform. Music, movies and video games have always taken up a good part of his free time, but he doesn’t give up outdoor activities, from simple walks to cycling and skiing. He has been producing editorial content for SamLover since 2022 and has run a computer and telephony store for 3 decades.