One UI 6 is one of the major updates Samsung is gradually distributing to eligible devices. Several devices have already grabbed the update, but in limited regions. The Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 are also two of those devices; both devices have already received the update in some countries, including India and the US.
Now, to expand the update, the company has started rolling it out to more regions, including Europe, Canada, and Korea. Users who own the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 in Europe can identify the latest update by the firmware version numbers F946BXXU1BWKA and F731BXXU1BWK9. While in Canada, these devices are receiving the update with firmware version numbers F946WVLU1BWK9 and F731WVLU1BWK9, respectively. It also includes a new security update, which is coming in the form of a November 2023 patch.
The latest major update could bring a lot of new features and improvements for the devices. In a nutshell, it will add multiple new changes to several system-level applications, including Gallery, Camera, Weather, Samsung Internet, My Files, and many more. The latest update aims to provide a new environment on your device, enabling you to perform your daily tasks more smoothly.
- Renewed phone layout: new control panel, new widgets (new camera and album widgets, weather widgets), revamped font, new emojis, ability to create new stickers directly integrated into the keyboard.
- Camera: The overall layout of the Camera app has been simplified. The quick settings buttons on the preview screen have been redesigned to make it easier to understand. Now, in the quick settings menu, at the top of the screen, in Photos and Pro mode, there is a button that allows you to quickly change the resolution of the photos you take.
- New photo editor: improved layout, new Tools menu that makes it easy to find editing functions. The Straighten and Perspective options have been combined in the Transform menu.
- New Samsung Studio: New Video Editor for media creation. The Studio feature now allows you to create videos by joining those in the gallery, adding text, music, and stickers.
- Improved security: New privacy dashboard for controlling permission allowed for each app, new Auto-Lock feature that allows you to block installation of unknown apps, turn on security controls, and block commands via USB, the new security dashboard allows you to monitor each individual app.
- Bixby text call: New Bixby feature, which allows you to transfer an ongoing call to Bixby text call at any time.
- The new Document and Text Scan feature makes it easier to scan a document by deleting unwanted parts.
- Samsung Pass: More secure logins with passkeys to access supported apps and websites. Unlike passwords, the passkey is only stored on the device and cannot be disclosed in the event of a breach of the security of the website. Passkeys also protect against phishing attacks because they only work on the website or application where they were registered.
So if you are also using the Galaxy Z Fold 5 or Z Flip 5 in the above-mentioned countries, then now you can update them by going to the system settings and selecting the software update option, then selecting download and option, then waiting until it finishes searching. After that, touch the download button.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Since Android was announced in 2007, I have kept track of it. With each news that came out more, I liked this operating system. I have been learning a lot with it, since I have seen it born and grow, and I hope to continue learning and share my knowledge and experiences about Android, services and applications.