Samsung has introduced several new features for its devices; all this has become possible due to One UI 6, which is the latest skin for Galaxy devices and is based on Android 14. It is worth noticing that the company initially tested the update with beta updates for several devices, initiated with the Galaxy S23, and after giving multiple beta updates, the company has now released the stable update, which is now available to all the users. Let’s understand what new improvements and features are available.
The One UI 6 comes with a heavy software package that adds new changes to the UI of the devices. The most highlighted thing is the Quick Panel. It has a new button layout, a new option to instantly access the full Quick Panel, and an enhanced layout for notification.
For more customization, the clock repositioning is now added for the lock screen, and the label of applications has been removed from the stock apps, which makes it look clear and simple.
For the capture of videos and photos, it has brought some new changes under the Camera app; the layout is now more simple, and the quick setting button on the preview screen has been redesigned. A new camera widget is also introduced, which helps create shortcuts to any mod. Along with this, a resolution sbutton is now available in the quick settings, and the cedio size selection has been improved. In the gallery, some new features were introduced, like drag and drop with two hands. In the photo editor application, there are some new tools: enhanced layout, adjustable decoration after saving, and also undo and redo options.
Apart from these, the company has also added some new features under different useful applications, including Weather, Samsung Health, Calendar, Reminder, Samsung Internet, Settings, Digital Wellbeing, etc. So if you also want to experience all these features, then you should update your Galaxy device to the latest version. To do that, just check the software availability in the software update menu.
- Renewed phone layout: new control panel, new widgets (new camera and album widgets, weather widgets), revamped font, new emojis, ability to create new stickers directly integrated into the keyboard.
- Camera: The overall layout of the Camera app has been simplified. The quick settings buttons on the preview screen have been redesigned to make it easier to understand. Now, in the quick settings menu, at the top of the screen, in Photos and Pro mode, there is a button that allows you to quickly change the resolution of the photos you take.
- New photo editor: improved layout, new Tools menu that makes it easy to find editing functions. The Straighten and Perspective options have been combined in the Transform menu.
- New Samsung Studio: New Video Editor for media creation. The Studio feature now allows you to create videos by joining those in the gallery, adding text, music, and stickers.
- Improved security: New privacy dashboard for controlling permission allowed for each app, new Auto-Lock feature that allows you to block installation of unknown apps, turn on security controls, and block commands via USB, the new security dashboard allows you to monitor each individual app.
- Bixby text call: New Bixby feature, which allows you to transfer an ongoing call to Bixby text call at any time.
- The new Document and Text Scan feature makes it easier to scan a document by deleting unwanted parts.
- Samsung Pass: More secure logins with passkeys to access supported apps and websites. Unlike passwords, the passkey is only stored on the device and cannot be disclosed in the event of a breach of the security of the website. Passkeys also protect against phishing attacks because they only work on the website or application where they were registered.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Meet RowKnee Shaw, our tech maestro at Sam Lover! Dive into the intricacies of One UI and ride the wave of Samsung Firmware updates with his expert guidance. From sleek navigation tips to the latest firmware gems, RowKnee Shaw is your go-to for unlocking the full potential of your Samsung device. Stay tuned for a tech journey like no other!