Samsung introduced the Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy watch 5 Pro smartwatches in August 2022. But due to some reasons, only some features are locked in some countries, but after realizing the importance, the company has announced to enable these features, including Blood Pressure and ECG features, for Galaxy Watch 5 users in Malaysia.
Finally, Samsung unveiled a new feature on its Galaxy Watch5 and Watch5 Pro in Malaysia. This feature allows you to measure and track your blood pressure and heart rate and get an electrocardiogram (ECG) reading. This is a great way to keep track of your health and fitness and to make sure that you’re staying within a healthy range.
A new zoom feature added to Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5’s Camera Controller app
According to the information, the company said that the features have already started expanding in the watches from January 25 for Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 5 Pro. Let’s discuss the features in detail.
Galaxy Watch 5 and Watch5 Pro ECG Monitor Feature
This feature is dedicated to testing your heart’s rhythm and electrical activity to detect irregular rhythms. Sensors are attached to the skin to detect the electrical signals produced by your heart each time it beats and information is recorded on a graph, the same thing you can do with your Galaxy watch 5.
Here’s how you can use this feature
- Pair your Galaxy Watch with the Galaxy smartphone.
- Wear the Galaxy Watch snugly on your wrist.
- Open the Samsung Health Monitor app on your Galaxy Watch.
- To take an ECG reading, rest your fingertip of the opposite hand lightly on the Galaxy Watch’s top button for 30 seconds.
- The ECG data is synced to the paired Galaxy smartphone, where a PDF report is created.
Blood Pressure Monitor for Galaxy Watch5 and Watch5 Pro
Galaxy Watch 5 series features the same monitor as you have experienced in traditional BP monitors. A blood pressure test measures the pressure in the arteries as the heart pumps and is done as a part of a routine health checkup or as a screening for hypertension, so it’s important to track your blood pressure readings regularly to take proactive steps and lifestyle modification to improve your blood pressure.
To use this feature, follow these steps:
- Set up Samsung Health Monitor on your Galaxy Watch and Galaxy smartphone.
- Calibrate your Galaxy Watch based on the instructions on the Samsung Health Monitor app.
- Wear your Galaxy Watch on the same wrist* as during the calibration and make sure the strap is snug, then measure your blood pressure.
- Review your blood pressure measurements.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.