Since Google launched the Developer Preview of Android 14, users’ curiosity about its novelties has gained pace. However, there is one more thing about which the users are eager; it is nothing but a new customized UI that will make its appearance with Android 14. In terms of Galaxy users, they are wondering about the upcoming One UI 6 and are determined to find out what new it will bring. So, let’s take a look at its novelties.
Firstly, for those who are unaware, the One UI 6.0 will be based on Android version 14. It will first roll out to the Galaxy S23 series (Beta & Stable both), maybe till August or September. However, Samsung will make the Android 14+One UI 6.0 update available for Galaxy devices only after Google provides the OS (Android 14) for AOSP. Besides, there is another unanswered question, which Galaxy devices will get it? So, let’s find out.
One UI 6.0 Eligible Galaxy devices
- Galaxy S series- Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S21 FE.
- Galaxy Z series- Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip 4, Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- Galaxy A series- Galaxy A73, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A53, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s, Galaxy A33, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A14, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A04s.
- Galaxy M series- Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M23.
- Galaxy Xcover series- Galaxy Xcover 6 Pro.
- Galaxy Tab series- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8.
Features that One UI 6.0 will offer
As we have mentioned above, the One UI 6.0 update will be based on Android 14. It is clear, it will have some of Android 14’s glimpses as well. In simpler words, we can say that the One UI update will get both- Android features and Samsung-specific novelties. For those who are willing to know One UI 6.0’s features, we are providing an expected feature list below.
- Bigger fonts with non-linear scaling.
- Per-app language preferences.
- New permission for Alarms or Exact Alarms.
- Restriction to install outdated apps.
- Satellite Connectivity (because One UI 5.1 missed this one, it may come with One UI 6.0, but for high-end models only).
- Predictive Back Guester.
- Seamless update.
- Grammatical Inflection API.
- Credential Manager and Passkeys support.
Nota bene, there is a possibility that some of these may miss out, b equate Samsung many-times removes some of Android’s features from its One UI update. If you want to know in-depth information about the Android 14 features, you can check it out here on the official blog.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.