Samsung has released the One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy S10 Lite, marking the device’s third major software update since its global launch. The Galaxy S10 Lite initially came with Android 10 out of the box and recently received the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update. With One UI 5.1, Samsung is likely providing its final major software update to the device. This update brings various improvements and new features to enhance the user experience, making the device more efficient and user-friendly.
The One UI 5.1 update for the Galaxy S10 Lite comes with firmware version G770FXXU6HWB4 and is now available in Europe, beginning with Italy. However, it will soon expand to other regions as well. The update also includes the latest February 2023 security patch, which addresses over four dozen security vulnerabilities and enhances the device’s overall security.
If you are a Galaxy S10 Lite user from Italy, you can download and install the One UI 5.1 update on your device. To do so, navigate to Settings » Software update on your phone and select Download and install. It is advisable to have a stable Wi-Fi connection and sufficient battery before initiating the update process to ensure a smooth installation. If you have not received the update notification yet, it is recommended to wait a few more days as the update is rolled out in stages and may take some time to reach all devices.
One UI 5.1 New Features:
- Selfies: When taking selfies, you can easily change the color tone by selecting Natural or Bright.
- In Pop-Up View, you can now adjust the window size by dragging the window edges in any direction.
- For split view, you’ll see categories for Recent apps and Most used apps, allowing you to quickly select apps for Split Screen.
- GIF Remaster: GIF Remaster has been added to help you remaster and improve the quality of your GIFs.
- Extract text from a video: Extract text is available if you pause a video with text information on screen. Select to extract the text which can then be used in emails, contacts, on the internet and more.
- Details view: When you select details of a photo or video, you can see both the image and the details at the same time in landscape mode. Select an image or video from Gallery > Select three dots for more options > Select details > Rotate device to landscape mode.
- Wallpaper Video: You can select a video clip to use as your wallpaper. The best part of the video clip is recommended for editing. Open Wallpaper > Select a video from your Gallery > Trim recommends the best moment (15 seconds max).
- Battery Widget: A Battery widget has been added that will quickly show battery life for the smartphone and connected devices.
- Weather Widget: Daily weather summary, forecast, hourly precipitation, severe weather alert, and other information has been added.
- Multiple emojis: Add a second AR Emoji in a single sticker. Customize each emoji and then combine them as you prefer.
- Continue to browse Samsung Internet from another device when both devices are signed into the same Samsung account. Sync the data in Settings > Samsung account > Sync settings > Enable “Samsung Internet”.
- You will receive a Samsung Internet pop-up on screen on your second device > Tap to continue browsing.
Bixby Text Call
- Use Bixby to answer phone calls and respond to people with text-to-voice.
- Open Phone app > More options (3 dots) > Settings > Bixby text call.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.