Samsung unveiled the One UI 5.1 update along with the Galaxy S23 series on Feb 1st, 2023. Its rollout for other Galaxy devices has also been started. This additional UI update has brought an enormous lineup of features and modifications, including minor changes which haven’t even been mentioned in the changelog. One of these minor changes is the new contact widgets of One UI 5.1. In-depth info is provided below.
One UI 5.1 Contact Widgets
Informatively, the One UI 5.1 update has brought new Contact Widgets with it, which will surely help you improve your smartphone experience with Galaxy phones. Let us inform you the One UI 5.1 update will let you add a total of four types of contact widgets to your device, whereas in the One UI 5.0, this limit was only three. In this additional UI update, there is one new widget named ‘Direct Dial (4×1) has also been added.
With the new One UI 5.1 update in your device, you can add four types of contacts widgets in your device, which are Contact (1×1), Direct Dial (1×1), Direct Message (1×1), and Direct Dial (4×1). As we have mentioned above, the ‘Direct Dial (4×1)’ is the new widget amongst them. In this widget, you can add a total of four contact numbers for direct calling. If you want to know how to add this new widget, follow these steps.
One UI 5.1: How to add contact widgets on Home Screen
- First, go to the Home Screen.
- Now tap on the blank space.
- Now the Widget option will appear. Tap on it.
- Choose the Contacts option here.
- Here you will get to see a big widget option- Direct Dial. Tap on it.
- Now press the add button.
- You will lead to the contact selection tab.
- Select four prior contacts you want to set for Direct Dial.
- Lastly, press the Done option.
- Now the widget will be added to your Galaxy device’s Home Screen.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.