Samsung has rolled out the One UI 6 update on many devices, for instance, the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S22, Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy Z Flip 5, etc. The Galaxy S21 is also one of them, but it has been limited to outside the US. Now the carrier-locked units of the devices are starting to get updated.
Notably, the Galaxy S21 units are getting the update on the Verizon network. To identify the latest update, you can check the firmware version number G99*USQU9FWK5. The latest update is coming with OneUI 6, which has brought many new features and improvements.
For your information, the latest update comes with One UI 6, which brings a plethora of new features that will enhance several existing-level applications, such as Camera, Gallery, Photo Editor, Weather, and many more. It is the major update for the Galaxy device, which is based on Android 14, which means users will have to get all the features and improvements that are given by Google in the Android ecosystem. With the latest update, the company has also added a new security patch, which is coming in November 2023, which will strengthen the overall security of the devices.
- Renewed phone layout: new control panel, new widgets (new camera and album widgets, weather widgets), revamped font, new emojis, ability to create new stickers directly integrated into the keyboard.
- Camera: The overall layout of the Camera app has been simplified. The quick settings buttons on the preview screen have been redesigned to make it easier to understand. Now, in the quick settings menu, at the top of the screen, in Photos and Pro mode, there is a button that allows you to quickly change the resolution of the photos you take.
- New photo editor: improved layout, new Tools menu that makes it easy to find editing functions. The Straighten and Perspective options have been combined in the Transform menu.
- New Samsung Studio: New Video Editor for media creation. The Studio feature now allows you to create videos by joining those in the gallery, adding text, music, and stickers.
- Improved security: New privacy dashboard for controlling permission allowed for each app, new Auto-Lock feature that allows you to block installation of unknown apps, turn on security controls, and block commands via USB, the new security dashboard allows you to monitor each individual app.
- Bixby text call: New Bixby feature, which allows you to transfer an ongoing call to Bixby text call at any time.
- The new Document and Text Scan feature makes it easier to scan a document by deleting unwanted parts.
- Samsung Pass: More secure logins with passkeys to access supported apps and websites. Unlike passwords, the passkey is only stored on the device and cannot be disclosed in the event of a breach of the security of the website. Passkeys also protect against phishing attacks because they only work on the website or application where they were registered.
If you are using the Galaxy S21 device, which is affiliated with Verizon carriers, then now you can install the latest update. To do that, just go to the system settings, tap on software update, click on the download and install button, and wait until it finishes searching. If it shows a new update available, then click on the download button.
Samsung introduced the Galaxy S21 device back in 2021; it came with Android 11 preinstalled, and later it grabbed two major updates in the form of Android 12 and Android 13, and is now getting the third major update, Android 14. As the device has been listed under the latest software policy, it will get one more major software update in the future, as well as some minor software updates in the form of security updates.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Meet RowKnee Shaw, our tech maestro at Sam Lover! Dive into the intricacies of One UI and ride the wave of Samsung Firmware updates with his expert guidance. From sleek navigation tips to the latest firmware gems, RowKnee Shaw is your go-to for unlocking the full potential of your Samsung device. Stay tuned for a tech journey like no other!