Last month, Samsung updated almost every eligible Galaxy to the One UI 6, but due to carrier restrictions, the company hasn’t been successful in bringing frequent updates for US-based devices, like now the Galaxy S21 FE is getting the One UI 6 update.
Notably, the Galaxy S21 FE is getting an update for the locked units that are affiliated with the Verizon network; more specifically, the Galaxy S21 FE original and Galaxy S21 FE (2022) are getting new updates with the firmware version numbers G990USQU9FWK5 and G990U2SQU7FWK5, respectively. The latest update still uses the November 2023patch for the security patch.
If we talk about the main firmware, it is coming with a lot of new changes that will provide a whole new experience to the users. In a nutshell, the latest update will improve the overall experience of the device. There are a plethora of new features included under the new software that will provide more useful features, such as a quick panel, weather widget, camera, gallery, video player, and many more.
- Renewed phone layout: new control panel, new widgets (new camera and album widgets, weather widgets), revamped font, new emojis, ability to create new stickers directly integrated into the keyboard.
- Camera: The overall layout of the Camera app has been simplified. The quick settings buttons on the preview screen have been redesigned to make it easier to understand. Now, in the quick settings menu, at the top of the screen, in Photos and Pro mode, there is a button that allows you to quickly change the resolution of the photos you take.
- New photo editor: improved layout, new Tools menu that makes it easy to find editing functions. The Straighten and Perspective options have been combined in the Transform menu.
- New Samsung Studio: New Video Editor for media creation. The Studio feature now allows you to create videos by joining those in the gallery, adding text, music, and stickers.
- Improved security: New privacy dashboard for controlling permission allowed for each app, new Auto-Lock feature that allows you to block installation of unknown apps, turn on security controls, and block commands via USB, the new security dashboard allows you to monitor each individual app.
- Bixby text call: New Bixby feature, which allows you to transfer an ongoing call to Bixby text call at any time.
- The new Document and Text Scan feature makes it easier to scan a document by deleting unwanted parts.
- Samsung Pass: More secure logins with passkeys to access supported apps and websites. Unlike passwords, the passkey is only stored on the device and cannot be disclosed in the event of a breach of the security of the website. Passkeys also protect against phishing attacks because they only work on the website or application where they were registered.
If you are also using the carrier-locked unit of the Galaxy S21 FE in the US, you can now update the devices by following these steps: Go to system settings, click on Software Update, then tap the first option, “Download and Install,” and wait until it finishes searching. If the update is available, then click on the Download button.
The Galaxy S21 FE was launched back in 2022, and it came with Android 12 preinstalled. As the device is eligible to get new updates for at least five years, there are four major updates available, and it will also get several minor updates in the form of security updates. This device will get new updates till 2027.
Don’t miss our latest news on Samsung technology. Follow SamLover.com on your favorite social media platforms for instant notifications.
Meet RowKnee Shaw, our tech maestro at Sam Lover! Dive into the intricacies of One UI and ride the wave of Samsung Firmware updates with his expert guidance. From sleek navigation tips to the latest firmware gems, RowKnee Shaw is your go-to for unlocking the full potential of your Samsung device. Stay tuned for a tech journey like no other!